• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Government Nonsense; Waco Biker Gunfight

sudden valley gunner

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a contract signed under duress null and void? In this case, the authorities are telling these men that they will be kept in jail unless they agree not to sue for false arrest and false imprisonment. This also sounds to me like those in authority know they intercoursed the canine and are trying to cover it up.

As blatant as this appears to me, it's almost like a kitten trying to cover up a mess on a linoleum floor.

Btw, Le Comte de Monte-Cristo was, and still is, of all Alexander Dumas' books, my personal favorite. The first, unabridged edition I read had a lot of untranslated French. Fun to read!

Morally yes and I'd say yes it is against natural law too (which laws of the state ought to reflect). Bribery and extortion is illegal too but for some reason the state never punishes itself for breaking those laws. I doubt they would honor an age old common sense in application to themselves.

OC for ME

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a contract signed under duress null and void? In this case, the authorities are telling these men that they will be kept in jail unless they agree not to sue for false arrest and false imprisonment. This also sounds to me like those in authority know they intercoursed the canine and are trying to cover it up.

As blatant as this appears to me, it's almost like a kitten trying to cover up a mess on a linoleum floor.

Btw, Le Comte de Monte-Cristo was, and still is, of all Alexander Dumas' books, my personal favorite. The first, unabridged edition I read had a lot of untranslated French. Fun to read!
Another exercise of the state's taxing powers...no?

PistolPackingMomma

Very true.

His later redemption is thus that much greater a triumph.

His antagonist, and direct party to his imprisonment, was his very good friend Count Mondego. In the climax, it was Mondego's arrogance and desire to prove his crimes justified that drove him to the final duel. Dantes won, and recovered not only his humanity, but his love, Mercedes, and his son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHN3YlNgMbY

Well, in the movie, yes. I recall the book having a different, slightly less "Disney-esque" ending. It's been quite awhile since I've read it; but it's always been one of my favorite stories. I also tried to read Cervantes Don Quixote at 16; need to give it another crack now that the years have passed and my horizons have broadened.

PistolPackingMomma

Yes, the duress angle struck me too. But, much like a cat that craps outside the litterbox, they aren't going to try too hard to cover it up.

solus

Well, in the movie, yes. I recall the book having a different, slightly less "Disney-esque" ending. It's been quite awhile since I've read it; but it's always been one of my favorite stories. I also tried to read Cervantes Don Quixote at 16; need to give it another crack now that the years have passed and my horizons have broadened.

Milady, our horizons broadened or we discover reality has sunk in...

my reading centered was around Steinbeck's tomes such as Of Mice and Men and Dicken's, Buck's & Twain's tomes of course, my early science fiction reading now is showing my reality that their prediction are coming to life.

ipse

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Milady, our horizons broadened or we discover reality has sunk in...

my reading centered was around Steinbeck's tomes such as Of Mice and Men and Dicken's, Buck's & Twain's tomes of course, my early science fiction reading now is showing my reality that their prediction are coming to life.

ipse

I've met many individuals whom have neither broadened their horizons, nor allowed reality to infiltrate their delusions. There is much to be learned, even from a fool, as they say, and the narrow minded can serve a very educational purpose.

I have always adored Twain's wit, and his essay, "Corn-Pone Opinions" was instrumental in my ideological awakening. He is one of the few human beings that makes me hope for an afterlife, in the hopes that I can spend immortality sharing southern peaches and whiskey with one of the cleverest men to wield a pen.

sudden valley gunner

I've met many individuals whom have neither broadened their horizons, nor allowed reality to infiltrate their delusions. There is much to be learned, even from a fool, as they say, and the narrow minded can serve a very educational purpose.

I have always adored Twain's wit, and his essay, "Corn-Pone Opinions" was instrumental in my ideological awakening. He is one of the few human beings that makes me hope for an afterlife, in the hopes that I can spend immortality sharing southern peaches and whiskey with one of the cleverest men to wield a pen.

+1 Huckleberry Finn was and possibly still is my favorite book. Was 6 first time I read it over the years it got better. The friendship between two outcasts of "society" molded a lot of my younger thinking and how it was ok maybe even cool not to be "normal".

sudden valley gunner

The timing seems a bit more than just coincidental.

Feds want to ban "patches"

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/feds-plan-to-ban-biker-gangs-from-wearing-logos/

FUQ-/ “It not just stripping them of their identity, or robbing them of a [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]recruiting[/COLOR] [COLOR=#1B8EDE !important]tool[/COLOR], it’s taking the star off their helmet. The logo itself furthers a criminal enterprise.”

Who wants to bet they won't apply that same principle to the very ones who would enforce this?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
More guys are murdered by badges than by patches. And in this case, all of them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

sudden valley gunner

Trying to understand the difference between this and interment camps.

Jailed for no valid/legal reason other than because we say so.

Social stigma, jobs lost, inability to meet financial obligations, liberty deprived - Somewhere down the road I foresee major Ka-ching.

Great point and great comparison!

It really shows the barrel is rotten.

KBCraig

My comment on FedBook:

Of the 177 people arrested in Waco on May 17th, 167 have been released on bail ranging from $25,000 to the full $1,000,000.

That means anywhere from $2,500 to $100,000+ per arrestee that is simply gone never to be seen again, not to mention lost earnings and loss of freedom between arrest and release as well as loss of enjoyment of any surety pledged, for people who will very likely be found not guilty of any crime whatsoever, assuming they're not plea-coerced into accepting some minor charge.

Surety often includes the property of friends and family, who also suffer the loss.

The only legitimate reasoning behind custodial arrest and the bail system, is to compel attendance at trial. In Texas, signing a traffic ticket (a Class C Misdemeanor) serves exactly the same purpose, and those accused are free to go, on the spot.

The system punishes the accused before charges are even formally issued, much less a finding of guilt.

Tell me again about presumption of innocence.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-p...cle_96c8a81d-be6a-5c80-b8ad-2bf6a0cce4de.html