Thread: Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2015

Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2015

HR 2283 is being kicked around. Has been newsworthy for past couple days, but don't see any posts here, yet.

snip from ammoland.com

"the bill would require that ammunition sellers be federally licensed, that online ammunition purchasers show a photo identification in-person at an “authorized dealer” in order to take receipt of their orders, and that any purchases of more than 1000 rounds made within five consecutive days be reported to the Attorney General"

I wonder if they are trying to see just how loud we can get. Does anyone see this getting any traction?

Writing my reps tonight.
    Last edited by Griz; 05-19-2015 at 07:38 AM.

No traction on thin ice.

TWT seems quite confident that the pendulum is swinging rightly.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I see little to no chance of this passing into law - no way, no how.

The fear mongering is evident though.
    http://thehill.com/regulation/241914...d-face-to-face

"This bill would take the most basic steps to slow the proliferation of guns and ammunition, helping to prevent events like what we saw in Aurora, Colorado three years ago," Watson Coleman said, referring to the movie theater shooting that killed 12 and injured 70 in 2012. "Congress can, and must do more to keep our families safe, and we're urging them to do just that."

The bill would not technically put an end to online ammunition sales but would require a purchaser to supply identification in person before the product could be shipped.
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...les_would.html

So the Aurora shooter could have provided ID and then received the ammo? OK, I got that - now what?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

But it feels so good.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I am doubtful it will gain any traction outside of the usual suspects' offices. The anti's have well telegraphed their intentions to go after ammunition since they have recently failed so spectacularly at further restricting 2A rights in most of the nation. I was not aware of this specific legislation though and certainly we need to remain ever vigilant to nip such things as seedlings.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    But it feels so good.
    Like a warm apple pie.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I have never particularly felt an apple pie, though I have felt a cow pie like any barefoot farm boy.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.