Thread: Cops do so practice shooting

Cops do so practice shooting

Well, apparently some do.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29078319/b...-defects-found

Cpt. Roby said, ... officers continually train with their weapons. Many even practice shooting on their off days.

“What people don't understand is police weapons take a lot of abuse,” said Cpt. Roby.
    Lies! Heresy! It can't be so.

And how can you wear out a Glock in only 15 years?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

When my nephew was an air Marshall they were cracking the frames on their 357 sigs P229s at around 9000 rounds took less then 10 weeks to do that.

I had a change to buy my dept. issued Glock 22 I told them I rather buy a captains or LTs gun they haven't been shot a lot where mine had many thousands of rounds through. For a time period I was putting a thousand rounds per month through mine.

As Department instructor and armorer I knew who was shooting their guns and who was not.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 05-20-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I thought Glocks were supposed to run to 30,000+ rds. I think I read that somewhere. Maybe not. Regardless, 15 years sounds like a pretty good life for a semi-auto duty weapon, although admittedly, I know nothing of statistics about such matters. Just saying it sounds like a decent life expectancy.

*and I didn't even make a crack about Glocks in the whole post
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    When my nephew was an air Marshall they were cracking the frames on their 357 sigs P229s at around 9000 rounds took less then 10 weeks to do that.

I had a change to buy my dept. issued Glock 22 I told them I rather buy a captains or LTs gun they haven't been shot a lot where mine had many thousands of rounds through. For a time period I was putting a thousand rounds per month through mine.

As Department instructor and armorer I knew who was shooting their guns and who was not.
    And in some departments the gun has probably been dropped more times than it has been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    And in some departments the gun has probably been dropped more times than it has been fired.
    That is so wrong, but I admit it ... I
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post

Il faut parler des départements français de la police.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    ...do they practice asking questions later?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    LMAO you guys are killing me!

Only under the advice of the union attorney.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Only under the advice of the union attorney.
    Makes sense to practice things that can save you for every one.

Practicing saying I want my attorney is a good idea.

Dang, SVG…,

…do they practice asking questions later?
    Love it!!! +1000

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.