• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops do so practice shooting

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Firearms Iinstuctor

When my nephew was an air Marshall they were cracking the frames on their 357 sigs P229s at around 9000 rounds took less then 10 weeks to do that.

I had a change to buy my dept. issued Glock 22 I told them I rather buy a captains or LTs gun they haven't been shot a lot where mine had many thousands of rounds through. For a time period I was putting a thousand rounds per month through mine.

As Department instructor and armorer I knew who was shooting their guns and who was not.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I thought Glocks were supposed to run to 30,000+ rds. I think I read that somewhere. Maybe not. Regardless, 15 years sounds like a pretty good life for a semi-auto duty weapon, although admittedly, I know nothing of statistics about such matters. Just saying it sounds like a decent life expectancy.

*and I didn't even make a crack about Glocks in the whole post :cool:

XD40sc

When my nephew was an air Marshall they were cracking the frames on their 357 sigs P229s at around 9000 rounds took less then 10 weeks to do that.

I had a change to buy my dept. issued Glock 22 I told them I rather buy a captains or LTs gun they haven't been shot a lot where mine had many thousands of rounds through. For a time period I was putting a thousand rounds per month through mine.

As Department instructor and armorer I knew who was shooting their guns and who was not.

And in some departments the gun has probably been dropped more times than it has been fired.