Thread: Applying for a gun permit

Applying for a gun permit

Hello. I'm new here so please be patient for now. Ok, I am wanting to purchase a gun for protection here in Michigan BUT, years ago, I was hospitalized ( involuntarily ) as I had a nervous breakdown as I had just had a baby, my husband went to fix a washer and never came back ( Must have had to go to China to find parts! LOL! ) and to top it off, I found my mother deceased. I saw a good therapist and worked everything out. I have NEVER threatened to harm anyone and have never been convicted of any crime. My question is, will I be absolutely denied a purchase permit or is there a way to argue my case if I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcar View Post
    Hello. I'm new here so please be patient for now. Ok, I am wanting to purchase a gun for protection here in Michigan BUT, years ago, I was hospitalized ( involuntarily ) as I had a nervous breakdown as I had just had a baby, my husband went to fix a washer and never came back ( Must have had to go to China to find parts! LOL! ) and to top it off, I found my mother deceased. I saw a good therapist and worked everything out. I have NEVER threatened to harm anyone and have never been convicted of any crime. My question is, will I be absolutely denied a purchase permit or is there a way to argue my case if I am?
    Call one or more of the following:

http://miopencarry.org/attorneys

For now, do you happen to know if the court ordered MSP to enter a court order for involuntary hospitalization and treatment into LEIN? See below:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(r5j...=mcl-330-1464a

Contact the Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org). They may or may not be looking for new plaintiffs (my guess is that they are as they regularly file new Second Amendment cases all over the country). They look for sympathetic law-abiding plaintiffs such as yourself.