• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Applying for a gun permit

Kcar

Hello. I'm new here so please be patient for now. Ok, I am wanting to purchase a gun for protection here in Michigan BUT, years ago, I was hospitalized ( involuntarily ) as I had a nervous breakdown as I had just had a baby, my husband went to fix a washer and never came back ( Must have had to go to China to find parts! LOL! ) and to top it off, I found my mother deceased. I saw a good therapist and worked everything out. I have NEVER threatened to harm anyone and have never been convicted of any crime. My question is, will I be absolutely denied a purchase permit or is there a way to argue my case if I am?

SpringerXDacp

Hello. I'm new here so please be patient for now. Ok, I am wanting to purchase a gun for protection here in Michigan BUT, years ago, I was hospitalized ( involuntarily ) as I had a nervous breakdown as I had just had a baby, my husband went to fix a washer and never came back ( Must have had to go to China to find parts! LOL! ) and to top it off, I found my mother deceased. I saw a good therapist and worked everything out. I have NEVER threatened to harm anyone and have never been convicted of any crime. My question is, will I be absolutely denied a purchase permit or is there a way to argue my case if I am?

Call one or more of the following:

http://miopencarry.org/attorneys

For now, do you happen to know if the court ordered MSP to enter a court order for involuntary hospitalization and treatment into LEIN? See below:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(r5....aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-330-1464a

OC4me

Contact the Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org). They may or may not be looking for new plaintiffs (my guess is that they are as they regularly file new Second Amendment cases all over the country). They look for sympathetic law-abiding plaintiffs such as yourself.