• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women fight back

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
One lady at the end stated "If your not comfortable carrying a pistol." Would have been better if they had given information on firearms but not bad for what it was.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Only caught the last minute because nobody told me ahead of time.

They mentioned a gamut of lethal to less than lethal and specifically pistols so I'm thinking firearms were covered.

What bothered me was the types of things for which the ladies would use things like stun guns, pepper spray, kubatons and the like. To me it siounded like they were ready to jump thje gun and deploy at anything that was even the least bit scary. I'll try to catch it on-line later to see the whole thing and see if my opinions change.

stay safe.

Rusty Young Man

One lady at the end stated "If your not comfortable carrying a pistol." Would have been better if they had given information on firearms but not bad for what it was.

[video]http://www.nbc12.com/clip/11464146/company-targets-women-who-worry-about-safety[/video]

"This is something that helps you cover the gambit from lethal to non-lethal to women who aren't comfortable carrying a pistol, but you can give them something to help them empower themselves" Kisha Simon

I would agree the 3-minute story wasn't half bad for what it was, though I believe firearms should have been mentioned with greater depth. I suppose Ms. Simon's words above make it clear that these self-defense tools are for those who are simply not comfortable carrying a more effective tool ("Pistols: Louder than a rape whistle, longer effective range than pepper spray, and more stopping power than stun guns"). As the saying goes, something is better than nothing at all.:confused: