• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car carry on school grounds

Miguel

Hi all. Long time lurker with a question that I've been searching for an answer to, and I'm hoping you all can help. I'm an inner city school teacher in Louisville. I would like to leave my carry in my glove box while parked in the school lot. I know it is legal to carry in a "vehicle operated by an adult" on school grounds. It seems like this generally means during drop off and pick up times they don't want to charge parents with a felony for having a gun in the car. I'm wondering if it is against the law in the state to leave a gun in a locked console or glove box on school grounds while not in the car? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

zeppy627

Yes you can leave it in your car. Sorry right now I do not a a source to cite but I know I've seen it somewhere.