• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Break out your calendars, hunter orange...and your guns!

Dave Workman

Break out your calendars, your hunter orange and your guns

Before heading out for the long Memorial Day weekend, break out your calendars and circle some dates, including June 2, when anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety lobbying organization is planning a “National Gun Violence Awareness Day” and Second Amendment activists are already fighting back.

http://www.examiner.com/article/break-out-your-calendars-your-hunter-orange-and-your-guns

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I looked, and I clicked, and I did everything but join so I could learn the secret handshake, but I was not able to find the first bit of information about where those folks are going to be when they wear orange.

Living just outside the state capitol I have a good idea where the folks near me are going to commit this act of Irish insubordination. But that does not help anyone else who does not live near a state capitol. The lack of public information is an on-going tactic of these organizations. They often contact news outlets just before the event so as to keep the locations "secret" until they can get "video at five/six/10/11".

It's also their common tactic to stage these events on a weekday when people with real jobs cannot easily attend. Also, they seem to time these events so as to avoid the lunch hour when folks working nearby might drop by to express a counterpoint view.

To end this rant - the schools will most likely give excused absences, under the guise of "learning cvics in action", to the kids that get dragged there. Or the school might turn it into a "field trip".

My black vest has "GUNS SAVE LIVES" embroidered in neon orange thread across the back. Think I'll wear that so I can fully participate.

stay safe.

HPmatt

I subscribed to their email list, will hope to get notice of what they're going to do in 75229 zip code.
Probably something like Westside Baptist church and show up at national or local cemetary talking about how many less graves w/b there if it were not for evil guns (as well as SUVs).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"A bipartisan group of legislators calling themselves the sportsmen's caucus is preparing to unveil a bill next week that would legalize blaze pink for deer hunters. The group has scheduled a news conference Tuesday at the state Capitol to announce the measure. "

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statep...-next-hunting-garb-b99505736z1-304762591.html

Oh, my!

The phrase "Be sure of your target" will be taking on a whole new meaning. One that I'll bet those legislators pandering to the female vote were not aware of: http://appalachiantrials.com/pink-blazing/

"Hey, Jim! Did you get your doe this season?"
"Dude, that's no way to talk about my new wife!!"

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Time to bump this to the top - June 2 is next Tuesday

Time to bump this to the top. June 2 is next Tuesday.

Remember to show up and show your support.

stay safe.