• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Action to Support Petition: New Gun Store Planned for Arlington

TFred

This was posted on the VCDL Facebook page today. Call for action on a petition to support the gun store.

WaPo article somewhat refreshing, they do acknowledge Code Section 15.2-915 which prohibits a local jurisdiction from taking any action against the sales, etc, of firearms. The opponents are asking the county to very heavily scrutinize all the legal aspects of the business applications, zoning, etc. Surely it can't be legal to give one business any heavier scrutiny than another, based on ideology, but where liberals are concerned, legality rarely plays a role.

The wording of the petition is rather weak. Whoever set it up basically copied the same text from the petition AGAINST the store and just changed a few key words. Not smart, IMHO, to use the weakness of the opponents petition, it would have been much better to just create a new one that is clear, concise and to the point.

TFred

James JB Gates‎ Posted On VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League)

Good afternoon. I wanted to introduce myself, I’m JB from Nova Firearms in McLean, VA. We’re excited to announce the opening of our new Arlington location planned for summer. We’ve already had some media coverage, and the comments to those online have articles have been interesting. Here’s the link to the article, and a petition that has been circulating in support of our lease in the shopping center. If you read them, please consider adding your comments. Thanks for your support.

With little recourse in gun-friendly Va., Arlington resists store opening

Petition in support of the store

TFred

Reports are now surfacing that the building owner is "trying to figure out if he can legally break the lease."

Sounds like we may have a job for User here shortly. If I recall correctly, after defending gun rights, one of User's other favorite types of litigation might fall under this area, a landlord breaking a lease for no valid reason whatsoever.

TFred

OMG! A Gun Store! Near a School! OMG!

HPmatt

Would think with real estate you've got option of specific performance or big liquidated damages from lost profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk