• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No gun zone

NomadMan

My wife and I went to our grandson's elementary graduation the other day. Knowing that firearms are forbidden in schools in MS I left mine in the car. The auditorium was just inside the school entrance, which was about 20' from the public sidewalk. All doors were open and unguarded. As I sat there all I could think was if a madman wanted to wreak havoc there was absolutely nothing to stop him. The "No Gun Zone" sign at the entrance certainly wasn't going to stop him from carrying like it did me.

I just cannot understand this logic. It's only a matter of time before another shooting occurs and to me this scenario was like playing Russian roulette.

Do people just believe it can't happen here? Or are people that afraid of guns and choose to ignore the possibilities?

I recently read an article where teachers were being armed in another state, I don't remember what state this was, but they understand the problem and I applaud them. When will everyone else get it?

Thanks for letting me vent :)

Carry on Mississippi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's magic. Maybe even Voodoo. If we pass enough laws we might pass the "right" law that makes all the criminals and crazies obey the law.

That and the world is saddled with the wrong kind of folks. You know, the ones who are gumming up the progressive Nirvana because of "rights" and stuff.

It would be nice if I could end this with "[/sarcasm]" but sadly it's not possible.

stay safe.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Do people just believe it can't happen here? Or are people that afraid of guns and choose to ignore the possibilities?

For the true anti's the people who's goal is to disarms us it is not about stopping the mad men (they love mass shootings )

The goal is to teach our children guns are bad and not needed. Their goal is to teach non gun owners, guns are bad and not needed. Their goal is to stop armed citizens from stopping mass shootings because it shows the usefulness of self defensive firearms.

Their goal is to make it hard for law abiding citizens to carry their defensive tools so most or those on the fence well just give it up.

For the rest of the soccer mom types they are just feel good signs that really do not accomplish any thing.

NomadMan

[/QUOTE=Firearms Iinstuctor;2143984]
For the true anti's the people who's goal is to disarms us it is not about stopping the mad men (they love mass shootings )

The goal is to teach our children guns are bad and not needed. Their goal is to teach non gun owners, guns are bad and not needed. Their goal is to stop armed citizens from stopping mass shootings because it shows the usefulness of self defensive firearms.[\QUOTE]

To what end? What is their ultimate goal? Is it to create the perfect nanny state? Could anyone seriously desire a nanny state?

I, and I guess most of the members of this forum, am a died in the wool freedom lover and cannot get my mind around the liberal philosophy.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran

The goal is to teach our children guns are bad and not needed. Their goal is to teach non gun owners, guns are bad and not needed. Their goal is to stop armed citizens from stopping mass shootings because it shows the usefulness of self defensive firearms.

Their goal is to make it hard for law abiding citizens to carry their defensive tools so most or those on the fence well just give it up.

For the rest of the soccer mom types they are just feel good signs that really do not accomplish any thing.
I concur ... see my signature line...

cjohnson44546

"Gun Free Zones" are about feeling safe. Many ignorant people do not (and do not want to) think about the possibilities of bad people doing bad things. They feel safer just seeing a sign and thinking that it means no one will be armed.

With Liberal (ignorant) logic, feelings always trump reality.

NomadMan

"Gun Free Zones" are about feeling safe. Many ignorant people do not (and do not want to) think about the possibilities of bad people doing bad things. They feel safer just seeing a sign and thinking that it means no one will be armed.

With Liberal (ignorant) logic, feelings always trump reality.

Can someone really be that stupid? You would think that someone following this logic would realize it doesn't work the first time they here about a shooter in a gun free zone.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
It is not about stupidity, but about ignorance and denial

Can someone really be that stupid? You would think that someone following this logic would realize it doesn't work the first time they here about a shooter in a gun free zone.

It is a head in the sand attitude. If I ignore a problem, it will go away. Plus, a lot of people want the government to take care of them, so they do not have to do it.

Having responsibility for your own life is a burden that a great many do not want to shoulder.

NomadMan

It is a head in the sand attitude. If I ignore a problem, it will go away. Plus, a lot of people want the government to take care of them, so they do not have to do it.

Having responsibility for your own life is a burden that a great many do not want to shoulder.

A nanny state and burying ones head in the sand does seem to be philosophy of the liberals, however i believe that the liberals are a minority. Let me explain why. I read a lot of comments in social media and I have found more conservative comments in response to liberal posts.

Kopis

Gosh, i mean, a sign letting someone know it's a misdemeanor to carry a firearm will DEFINITELY stop someone intent on committing murder...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Gosh, i mean, a sign letting someone know it's a misdemeanor to carry a firearm will DEFINITELY stop someone intent on committing murder...
If you are going to keep dragging facts and realty into the thing, I don't know how we are going to discuss an anti's perspective on this.

NomadMan

If you are going to keep dragging facts and realty into the thing, I don't know how we are going to discuss an anti's perspective on this.

Facts? Libs love facts. Oh, did you mean verifiable facts or the facts that are created to justify an agenda?