• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this showed up on keep and bear arms I hope its

khicks

http://abc13.com/home/lawmakers-ok-bill-offering-fines-for-posting-no-guns-signs/739487/

i just hope it's true

AUSTIN, TX -- The Texas Legislature has approved fines for governmental entities that post signs prohibiting the carrying of concealed handguns in areas where licensed Texans are allowed to carry them.

Authored by tea party-backed Republican Sen. Donna Campbell, the plan passed both chambers with little debate, despite opposition from some municipal groups.

Saturday's House approval 116-23 sends it to Gov. Greg Abbott to be signed into law.

Local governments and other official entities would be fined if they post signs that might intimidate license-holders who are within their rights to carry weapons.

Fines of up to $1,500 are assessed for a first offense and $10,000 maximum for repeat violations.

The Texas attorney general's office would receive complaints and investigate. Offending governmental bodies would have 15 days to remove signs before being fined.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It would still come out of their operating budget, and be newsworthy to anyone that wanted to publicize it. Its primary function, though, would be the removal of such signs, as evidenced by the 15-day grace period to do so without fine.

Last edited:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Where have such signs been seen?

It would still come out of their operating budget, and be newsworthy to anyone that wanted to publicize it. It's primary function, though, would be the removal of such signs, as evidenced by the 15-day grace period to do so without fine.

I saw one on the Benbrook public library.

HPmatt

If you had city/county council(wo)men that ignore the law and get fined, I think it would encourage political opponents to run against those that would endanger Texans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count

Founder's Club Member
SB273 is the bill! We've been trying this for a long time! Finally it passed! 30.06 already had language making the sign unenforceable if it is posted by a governmental entity on a building otherwise not prohibited by law, but unfortunately a lot of local governments decided to leave the sign up as a bluff! Now this bill provides a quick way of having them remove all these signs.....