Thread: HB 910 on "eligible items" House list

HB 910 on "eligible items" House list

The Texas House could vote on Open carry today at 2:40pm.

Call your Rep and ask them to push for a confirmation vote today. I'll be calling JM Lozano in the next few minutes. If someone knows of a specific person to call to make this more likely to happen, let us know. I'll also be calling Mr. Strause(sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkiller View Post
    Call your Rep and ask them to push for a confirmation vote today. I'll be calling JM Lozano in the next few minutes. If someone knows of a specific person to call to make this more likely to happen, let us know. I'll also be calling Mr. Strause(sp?).
    A good place to start is the primary authors of HB 910. I would imagine they would know the status of this:
    Larry Phillips (512) 463-0297
    Dan Flynn (512) 463-0880
    James White (512) 463-0490
    Debbie Riddle (512) 463-0572
    Ryan Guillen (512) 463-0416

Well, things don't look good as what has happened this afternoon has likely killed campus carry, and at this point we may have to accept that the clock has all but run out on HBO 910 as well.
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Well, things don't look good as what has happened this afternoon has likely killed campus carry, and at this point we may have to accept that the clock has all but run out on HBO 910 as well.
    Well what happened this afternoon? Care to elaborate? I'm not going to accept anything until the final hour of the legislative session. Everyone needs to be calling those numbers I posted at the Capital. Let them know by call volume that there's a whole bunch of people that want to get this through. This is probably one of the most important/heated bills this session.
    Last edited by Ian; 05-26-2015 at 04:32 PM.

The vote to suspend the rules was defeated. So onward they go with all the other crap, and currently (as of this exact moment) there are 25 other bills on the current schedule, and then it's on to other schedules starting first with the postponed bills and then finally on to the Major State calendar where SB 11 is. And that's not even considering that there will most likely be a filibuster or other stall. I don't like giving up on things and will say that as I understand it, there is **always** some sort of a miracle that could take place....but from my understanding of things and what I see...the fork is in SB 11.
    Last edited by Glockster; 05-26-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Eight more third reading bills to go.
    NRA Life Member

One more to the postponed bills.

Which means 11 more postponed bills until SB 11.
    Last edited by Glockster; 05-26-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    NRA Life Member

So is SB11 the new number for the bill?

Just got home from work, trying to figure out what going on

I know SB11 is important but why are talking about it in this thread?

Nothing on HB 910 will happen until after SB11 has been dealt with. IF the rumors about a deal between the Senate and the House to have the Senate pass HB 910 and then the House pass SB 11 are correct, then we're probably going to learn a whole lot about how mucked up things with HB 910 are after the Senate ammendment when we see what happens when they get to SB11. Other than that....
    NRA Life Member