• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 910 on "eligible items" House list

mustangkiller

Call your Rep and ask them to push for a confirmation vote today. I'll be calling JM Lozano in the next few minutes. If someone knows of a specific person to call to make this more likely to happen, let us know. I'll also be calling Mr. Strause(sp?).

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Call your Rep and ask them to push for a confirmation vote today. I'll be calling JM Lozano in the next few minutes. If someone knows of a specific person to call to make this more likely to happen, let us know. I'll also be calling Mr. Strause(sp?).

A good place to start is the primary authors of HB 910. I would imagine they would know the status of this:
Larry Phillips (512) 463-0297
Dan Flynn (512) 463-0880
James White (512) 463-0490
Debbie Riddle (512) 463-0572
Ryan Guillen (512) 463-0416

Glockster

Well, things don't look good as what has happened this afternoon has likely killed campus carry, and at this point we may have to accept that the clock has all but run out on HBO 910 as well.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Well, things don't look good as what has happened this afternoon has likely killed campus carry, and at this point we may have to accept that the clock has all but run out on HBO 910 as well.

Well what happened this afternoon? Care to elaborate? I'm not going to accept anything until the final hour of the legislative session. Everyone needs to be calling those numbers I posted at the Capital. Let them know by call volume that there's a whole bunch of people that want to get this through. This is probably one of the most important/heated bills this session.

Last edited:

Glockster

The vote to suspend the rules was defeated. So onward they go with all the other crap, and currently (as of this exact moment) there are 25 other bills on the current schedule, and then it's on to other schedules starting first with the postponed bills and then finally on to the Major State calendar where SB 11 is. And that's not even considering that there will most likely be a filibuster or other stall. I don't like giving up on things and will say that as I understand it, there is **always** some sort of a miracle that could take place....but from my understanding of things and what I see...the fork is in SB 11.

Last edited:

Glockster

One more to the postponed bills.

Which means 11 more postponed bills until SB 11.

Last edited:

Glockster

Nothing on HB 910 will happen until after SB11 has been dealt with. IF the rumors about a deal between the Senate and the House to have the Senate pass HB 910 and then the House pass SB 11 are correct, then we're probably going to learn a whole lot about how mucked up things with HB 910 are after the Senate ammendment when we see what happens when they get to SB11. Other than that....