Thread: HB 910 Now Before the House

HB 910 Now Before the House

It's now being heard before the house, with a long line of folks waiting to take their bashes on it.
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Do you have a link to watch it?

Live feed: http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlaye ... nt_id=1698
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Vote on the motion to concur - failed, and so it now goes to conference.

Where they can chub and fillibuster to their hearts content until the clock runs out.
    Last edited by Glockster; 05-27-2015 at 07:04 PM.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Vote on the motion to concur - failed, and so it now goes to conference.

Where they can chub and fillibuster to their hearts content until the clock runs out.
    Time to fire some elected officials.

Conference committee report is on the website. They removed section 29, which was the Dutton/Huffman amendment restricting the ask for a license.

The report includes the analysis which says they may have overreached in doing so, but the presiding officer would have to decide if that was the case.
    House Rule 13-something says that they can only address text that is in dispute and cannot removes anything which is not disputed text. None of the removed text was in dispute, only the arrangement of two parenthetical phrases which carried the same meaning in either arrangement.

Maybe they need to send things like this to the house grammatician or school marm to arbitrate. Maybe they need a position of "House (Senate) Style Editor" who would be responsible for making sure meaning is maintained but grammatical, spelling, and punctuation was correct.

Next step is an up or down vote which can take place as early as 7:40 pm today.
    NRA Life Member

Next step is an up or down vote which can take place as early as 7:40 pm today.
    They can vote it early, but I doubt they will try since doing so also requires a vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
    They can vote it early, but I doubt they will try since doing so also requires a vote.

Yeah, don't think that is likely though either. The rule is 24 hours after issuance of the committee report, and they would have to be in a current session which allows for that business to be requested (a suspension of the rule). I had been looking through some of the rules on this and as it was really late now frankly don't recall the specific wording but to bring it up earlier than the 24 hours would be tricky and if for no other reason I don't know how it would play out with both the House and the Senate needing to vote and that likely neither wants to be the odd one out who doesn't do whatever first or last. But with this crazy legislative session, who knows what will or will not happen next.
    NRA Life Member

NRA Life Member

Conference report was just adopted!

So it has passed the House. It should go to the Senate tomorrow....and will see what happens. But good news and major step forward!
    Last edited by Glockster; 05-29-2015 at 06:43 PM.
    NRA Life Member

House passed it.

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
    House passed it.

HB910 and all of its glory is on its way to the Gov. desk

Does it still need a senate vote?

In the senate now

It has passed the Senate, and yes, is on its way to the Governor!

And NOW we CAN celebrate!
    NRA Life Member

So, Glockster, tell about those rainbows and unicorns....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkiller View Post
    So, Glockster, tell about those rainbows and unicorns....
    Yes, we'll long talk about the day when all the children were gathered in the House and Senate sandboxes and used their imaginations and were able to recall for just a moment who they represented, and what their jobs were. And how the long elusive unicorns finally came in Texas. I'm thrilled to see how this all turned out, an absolute pleasure to have belief restored.

Now if only campus carry can see the same end (we need more unicorn chow)! Perhaps we'll see something on that today.
    NRA Life Member

Now if only campus carry can see the same end (we need more unicorn chow)! Perhaps we'll see something on that today.
    SB11 conference report has been posted.