• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 910 Now Before the House

Glockster

It's now being heard before the house, with a long line of folks waiting to take their bashes on it.

Glockster

Vote on the motion to concur - failed, and so it now goes to conference.

Where they can chub and fillibuster to their hearts content until the clock runs out.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Conference committee report is on the website. They removed section 29, which was the Dutton/Huffman amendment restricting the ask for a license.

The report includes the analysis which says they may have overreached in doing so, but the presiding officer would have to decide if that was the case.
House Rule 13-something says that they can only address text that is in dispute and cannot removes anything which is not disputed text. None of the removed text was in dispute, only the arrangement of two parenthetical phrases which carried the same meaning in either arrangement.

Maybe they need to send things like this to the house grammatician or school marm to arbitrate. Maybe they need a position of "House (Senate) Style Editor" who would be responsible for making sure meaning is maintained but grammatical, spelling, and punctuation was correct.

Glockster

They can vote it early, but I doubt they will try since doing so also requires a vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, don't think that is likely though either. The rule is 24 hours after issuance of the committee report, and they would have to be in a current session which allows for that business to be requested (a suspension of the rule). I had been looking through some of the rules on this and as it was really late now frankly don't recall the specific wording but to bring it up earlier than the 24 hours would be tricky and if for no other reason I don't know how it would play out with both the House and the Senate needing to vote and that likely neither wants to be the odd one out who doesn't do whatever first or last. But with this crazy legislative session, who knows what will or will not happen next.

Glockster

Conference report was just adopted!

So it has passed the House. It should go to the Senate tomorrow....and will see what happens. But good news and major step forward!

Last edited:

Glockster

So, Glockster, tell about those rainbows and unicorns....

Yes, we'll long talk about the day when all the children were gathered in the House and Senate sandboxes and used their imaginations and were able to recall for just a moment who they represented, and what their jobs were. And how the long elusive unicorns finally came in Texas. I'm thrilled to see how this all turned out, an absolute pleasure to have belief restored.

Now if only campus carry can see the same end (we need more unicorn chow)! Perhaps we'll see something on that today.