Thread: Long Gun delayed turned to denied

Long Gun delayed turned to denied

So I am going to assume this will not be a long post but I am going to post it anyways. Just for background purpose, I own a CPL and my handgun was bought new so I know I can legally own firearms.

I went and tried to bought a Type 56 carbine (SKS) from a gun store and got delayed, I am not entirely sure why this is and just today, I got a called saying I was denied. I have no idea exactly why that is.

So has anyone ever been randomly denied and try and go get the same weapon again to see if you would get it? Because I am going to try again and see what happens.

I cannot see any reason why I got denied, I made sure the 4473 was filled correctly and I even went as far as leaving my social number to make sure my name wasn't confused.

4473 Denial

Don't just sit around wondering why it was denied. When your dealer was informed of the denial he was given a case number. He also should have the forms for when a 4473 is denied. Get the form letter and case number from them and mail it to the FBI. Find out why it was denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Throttleup View Post
    Don't just sit around wondering why it was denied.....................Find out why it was denied.

You are now wearing an albatross. Get it off your neck by filing the rebuttal forms to the ATF. Altho uncommon, go se happens. Do not allow them to "deny" without cause.

I rarely get a Proceed. I always get delayed because of a cousin (union thug) with the exact same name. Persevere!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I am going to try again and if it fails for the second time, I am going to get the case number and ask why it failed.

Do both! Fill out the rebuttal form and find out exactly why they denied you. If you do not "nip it in the bud" it will come back to bite you again.

Attachment 12554
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

1} Did you put your SS# on the 4473? I never do but my name is unusual, the main purpose (so I was told by ATF) is to separate people with similar names. If not likely a confused ID.

2} Check your credit bureau reports for unusual activity, your identity may have been compromised. I saw this while working in a gun shop. DO NOT hesitate to file the rebuttal, there may be future problems from an ID mix up.

It could be someone with the same name just got in trouble and you will need to file for a PIN from the FBI for future purchases.

I put my social number down because I have the most common Irish first name and my last name is a famous British last name.

1) recommend you hold off trying to go to a different ffl to see if your denial was a fluke...you just might raise more flags than you care to endure.
    2) recommend you go on line to this site: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...s/appeals-home and file an appeal immediately.

ffl should provide you with this:

quote:
    DENY side of the card:
    If a prospective transferee has been denied the transfer of a firearm, the FFL should give the individual a NICS Resolution Card, circle the word “DENY” on the top of the card, and provide the individual with the NICS Transaction Number (NTN). The FFL should write the NTN on the line provided on the bottom of the card. The Deny side of the card provides the customer with information on how to appeal this decision on-line or via the U.S. Mail.

DELAY side of the card:
    If a prospective transferee gets extended and/or experiences continuous delays, the FFL may provide a NICS Resolution Card, circle the word “DELAY” on the top of the card, and provide the individual with the NTN. The FFL should write the NTN on the line provided on the bottom of the card. The Delay side of the card provides the customer with information on how to appeal this decision on-line or via the U.S. mail.

The specific reason for delay and deny cannot be provided over the phone due to the Privacy Act of 1974.

Both options can be found at <www.fbi.gov/nics-appeals>. For customers without Internet access, the NICS Resolution Card also provides the mailing address and basic instructions for sending requests to the NICS Section. unquote

https://www.atf.gov/file/11241/download

good luck

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-29-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Not familiar with Wa law but at least down here in Texas, having a CCW permit is a NICS exception. I haven't had to undergo a "background check" in almost a decade!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    I put my social number down because I have the most common Irish first name and my last name is a famous British last name.
    It wouldn't be Nollaig Cromwell would it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    It wouldn't be Nollaig Cromwell would it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Naw; first name is probably probably Whisky, 'cause all you have to do is yell "WHISKY" and every Irishman in earshot comes running

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    So I am going to assume this will not be a long post but I am going to post it anyways. Just for background purpose, I own a CPL and my handgun was bought new so I know I can legally own firearms.

I went and tried to bought a Type 56 carbine (SKS) from a gun store and got delayed, I am not entirely sure why this is and just today, I got a called saying I was denied. I have no idea exactly why that is.

So has anyone ever been randomly denied and try and go get the same weapon again to see if you would get it? Because I am going to try again and see what happens.

I cannot see any reason why I got denied, I made sure the 4473 was filled correctly and I even went as far as leaving my social number to make sure my name wasn't confused.
    Thats why you don't have a CPL and fight tooth and nail against background checks and illegal restrictions such as I594. Unfortunately I have to advise you to play by the book and go through the proper channels due to site restrictions. What I will say is research the Constitution and make your own mind up what direction you're going to go
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Not familiar with Wa law but at least down here in Texas, having a CCW permit is a NICS exception. I haven't had to undergo a "background check" in almost a decade!
    It used to work that way here in WA as well, but there was a state law recently passed that requires a NICS check for all transfers, disallows use of a valid CPL as proof that you don't need to pass a NICS check, and changes the definition of transfer from change of ownership to change of possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    It used to work that way here in WA as well, but there was a state law recently passed that requires a NICS check for all transfers, disallows use of a valid CPL as proof that you don't need to pass a NICS check, and changes the definition of transfer from change of ownership to change of possession.
    Not true. Both before, and after 594 there was a federal BGC (4473) on all purchases at an FFL. A CPL allows you to skip the local check for a handgun, and take it home the same day (unless delayed by federal BGC).
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Not true. Both before, and after 594 there was a federal BGC (4473) on all purchases at an FFL. A CPL allows you to skip the local check for a handgun, and take it home the same day (unless delayed by federal BGC).
    Which makes sense because I was trying to buy a SKS. And from my understand of how the federal and state government thinks, they are more worried about a hand gun over a long gun because more crime is committed with a handgun. I am going to buy a private owned SKS and he wants to do a transfer so if I pass that, this means I had a glitch or the store I was going to buy it from doesn't like me.