• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cincyguy

Hi. I'm somewhat new to all this. I starting my interest in guns again about a month or two ago. just been watching a lot of youtube videos on open carry and just trying to figure out what type of gun I would like to buy. So I bought my very first gun may 15, 2015 a M&P 9mm full size. took it to the range and I loved it shoots very well. I did a great job for someone who has never shot a gun. Well that what the people said at target world ha, but anyway. I'm 26 live in Cincinnati, OH and I don't seem to see any postings or videos of people open carrying or anything in my area. Are there people in my area that open carry or even do walks? I also did a lot of research about the open carry law for Ohio and I'm still kind of on the ropes about it. Maybe cause I don't know people in my area that actually have gun legally and know the law. So I'm interested in meeting people and talking with them or even starting a walk or something in my area cause I'm sure there are people that don't know about this open carry stuff.

So please someone help me. Sorry this is long

cincyguy

Thanks. Well I'm trying to get some things together because I talked to a few people that would like to be apart of a walk or a group. So I would like to see how many people are in the Cincinnati area that are carrying or at least trying to fight for the rights. I waiting on my CHL now

3FULLMAGS+1

There's these websites too:

http://www.ohiocarry.org/

http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=com_chronoforms&view=form&Itemid=386

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/

Ohio carry has chapters all over Ohio...including your area. They organize open carry walks mostly,..... for various reasons. The other org's have open carry sub- forums, among others....there are many who openly carry regularly, who frequent those sites...hang out there and you'll find out who they are!
I'd meet ya for lunch or something, but I'm four hours north of you, so.....

If BB62 or Ohio Carry organize a walk in or close to your area, maybe I'll meet you sometime......good luck....heck , you've already met, (sort of, on here), BB an COL......I've met them and you can trust these two...........well, sorta.....wink....wink .......lol!

Last edited: