Thread: Judge allows concealed-carry for D.C. gun owners, shoots down police objections. TWT

Judge allows concealed-carry for D.C. gun owners, shoots down police objections. TWT

"U.S. District Judge Frederick J. Scullin Jr. left open the possibility the District could obtain a stay pending appeal of his previous ruling, which called the city’s requirement that gun owners demonstrate a “good reason” to obtain a permit unconstitutional. He set a hearing on the matter for July 7.

In the meantime, the ruling means the Metropolitan Police Department may end up issuing concealed-carry permits to applicants who previously were denied because they could not demonstrate they faced a specific threat of injury or harm.

Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said the only applicants who will see the immediate effects of the ruling are those who are party to the lawsuit.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...for-dc-gun-ow/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-29-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

so how does any of this play in to open carry?

In my experience, permitting concealed carry sucks the oxygen from open carry. Follow the money to P4P, the NRA business model.

South Carolina prohibited all regular (not special purpose) carry until The Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996 permitting concealed carry. Open/constitutional carry will not happen in South Carolina.

Wisconsin is a traditional Gold Star open carry state, open carry very lightly regulated, but concealment prohibited. Wisconsin passed 2011 Act 35 licensing concealed carry, while open carry proceeds unimpeded.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.