Thread: Need an OC holster

Need an OC holster

So guys. I'm from Texas and I need a good oc holster for my Taurus 24/7 pro (I love this gun) any suggestions?

Blackhawk SERPA in a dropleg, of course!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Blackhawk SERPA in a dropleg, of course!
    Well 1. It has to be a shoulder or belt holster (law) and 2. I don't see an option for the Taurus 24/7 pro (it's in. 40 if it matters)

Install a laser pointer and watch the inadvertent sweep drawing from the position of a shoulder holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Install a laser pointer and watch the inadvertent sweep drawing from the position of a shoulder holster.
    Haha I know. I plan on carrying in a belt holster but that's the law.

Then Blackhawk SERPA on the belt. That's how I carry my OCW SA1911A1. I bought two 1˝ stiffened gun belts from http://www.thebeltman.net/ sized to go over winter wear.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-30-2015 at 08:52 AM.

But the question remains. Need a good holster lol

Need an OC holster

Tucker Leather - OCDO sponsor - in Porter made mine for my Walther PPQ. Could have spent a lot more if I wanted to use skins that matched my boots.... Fathers Day coming up - might ask for that for when we I visit our daughter in Rosslyn Va...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HPmatt; 05-30-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Tucker Leather - OCDO sponsor - in Porter made mine for my Walther PPQ. Could have spent a lot more if I wanted to use skins that matched my boots.... Fathers Day coming up - might ask for that for when we I visit our daughter in Rosslyn Va...
    hp, excellent site and the prices seem quite reasonable...thanks

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    So guys. I'm from Texas and I need a good oc holster for my Taurus 24/7 pro (I love this gun) any suggestions?
    Search "belt holster taurus 24/7" (without the quotation marks) in your browser and click ENTER.

Pardon me if I'm being socially inappropriate but is it that difficult? Or did you want to restart the perennial debate on "this holster is better/prettier/more tacticool than yours"?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Search "belt holster taurus 24/7" (without the quotation marks) in your browser and click ENTER.

Pardon me if I'm being socially inappropriate but is it that difficult? Or did you want to restart the perennial debate on "this holster is better/prettier/more tacticool than yours"?

stay safe.
    Haha no ask away [emoji14] that wasn't my intent I really couldn't find any good ones. But looking at safariland holsters I've found one I liked.

Are you aware of the unwritten rule that states that until someone has a box/drawer full of holsters they have bought and then decided were not "just right" they are not a real 'Murican he-man patriot gun owner?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Need an OC holster

^^^That! Now some ??? for you! Side bar: (oh I dislike these types of threads, it's like someone asking what kind of water should I buy?), anyways here goes: what budget range? What materials: leather, kydex, nylon etc.

Where will you be OCing the most of your time? On foot, in a car, on horse back, hang gliding???? This is where your choice between a shoulder holster or a OWB belt holster will really be crucial to comfort and ease of draw. Hint - if you drive a lot lean towards the shoulder rig. Consider carrying a backup & where and how you want to carry that...,

See a question is only as good/bad as the details it contains or lacks.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-01-2015 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Damn auto spell!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Are you aware of the unwritten rule that states that until someone has a box/drawer full of holsters they have bought and then decided were not "just right" they are not a real 'Murican he-man patriot gun owner?

stay safe.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    ^^^That! Now some ??? for you! Side bar: (oh I dislike these types of threads, it's like someone asking what kind of water should I buy?), anyways here goes: what budget range? What materials: leather, kydex, nylon etc.

Where will you be OCing the most of your time? On foot, in a car, on horse back, hang gliding???? This is where your choice between a shoulder holster or a OWB belt holster will really be crucial to comfort and ease of draw. Hint - if your drive a lot lean towards the shoulder rig. Consider carrying a backup & where and how you want to carry that...,

See a question is only as good/bad as the details it contains or lacks.
    Ok. Budget range is around 100 material isn't a big deal, but kydex or leather is what I'm leaning towards. I have a lot of concealed holsters do I need one only for oc. I want a owb holster not a shoulder rig and I'll be primarily walking lol

Need an OC holster

Oh is level II retention, required by TX law?

Another thing to factor for.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-01-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

No it isn't but I just came to post that. I want a l2 one lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    No it isn't but I just came to post that. I want a l2 one lol
    Cool. Now we are cooking with gas.

Here's some (belt holsters) level 2 from safariland-kydex

http://www.opticsplanet.com/safarila...t-24-7-40.html

And leather from
    Tagua holsters

http://www.taguagunleather.com/index...pon_model=2016

Need an OC holster

I use 4in1 Tagua holster for my PT-111 G2, and does the job well. Why? It can be carried OWB/IWB/Small of back & cross draw, and has a thumb break. It's a $200 gun, so not going to spend half that on a holster. Black belt shopping online it can be had for $25.

Search for part # IPHR4
    If you like it.

Here it is with my 18+1 PT-111 G2 setup.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-01-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Need an OC holster

And now a crimson soul I leave you with my favorite movie clip when it comes to the good folks of Texas.
    http://youtu.be/ZAIVktlpOT8

PS - We will require a follow up with pictures, once you get your new holster.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Need an OC holster

I like it, but walking the biker bar to 'Tequila' is pretty damn funny too...maybe that was in Waco...

http://youtu.be/BodXwAYeTfM

Last edited by HPmatt; 06-03-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I like it, but walking the biker bar to 'Tequila' is pretty damn funny too...maybe that was in Waco...

Lol!
    :thumbsup:

Photo of OC holster courtesy of Oleg Volk (original photo here: http://olegvolk.net/blog/2015/05/02/snake-skin-holster/ )

Would this be acceptable in Texas for OC?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragonleather_snakeskin_3409web.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	12564  

Looks to me like a rattlesnake belly skin - would be more appropriate to do it with a rattler head....

-Thomas Hobbes 1651