Thread: Unicorn sightings

Unicorn sightings

Time for the Texas section to have it's own report.
    I saw 2 May 31, at Trader's Village in Grand Prairie. One with a large bore single action revolver in his front pants pocket, another with a holstered semi-auto.
    I am guessing that the local cowboys lassoed them, but I did not see that.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Would seem premature to be seeing unicorns in any significent numbers as the new law will not become effective until Jan 1. 2016.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I agree with Grapeshot. This whole process people have been getting ahead of themselves. Let's wait until this becomes law in January instead of making a thread that will likely sit idle for half a year.

He's saying he's already seen the unicorn. Until proven wrong, I'll assume the person with the modern pistol fell under an exemption of some kind i.e. traveling.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Unfortunately some may mistakenly believe that the law has already taken effect. Hopefully we don't see anyone get into a legal bind for this.

You can also expect to see, though, protesters continue to, or even increasingly carry realistic looking non-firearms. Personally I hope this doesn't contribute to anyone mistakenly believing that the law has already taken effect.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Unfortunately some may mistakenly believe that the law has already taken effect. Hopefully we don't see anyone get into a legal bind for this.

You can also expect to see, though, protesters continue to, or even increasingly carry realistic looking non-firearms. Personally I hope this doesn't contribute to anyone mistakenly believing that the law has already taken effect.
    There are many people who thought this the first time SB 17 passed the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    There are many people who thought this the first time SB 17 passed the Senate.
    Is ignorance of how government works a valid excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
    I'm not excusing anything. I'm pointing out how quick people are to assume that something is fact before verifying it as well as how dangerous misinformation is.

I'm not excusing anything. I'm pointing out how quick people are to assume that something is fact before verifying it as well as how dangerous misinformation is.
    I was agreeing with you. People catch a Tweet about "open carry passes senate" and think "I can do it now" because they don't bother to find out the True Facts. (The limitation of this medium sometimes - a quick reply doesn't convey the sarcasm/humor/irony/wahteverness of the response. sry)

I was agreeing with you. People catch a Tweet about "open carry passes senate" and think "I can do it now" because they don't bother to find out the True Facts. (The limitation of this medium sometimes - a quick reply doesn't convey the sarcasm/humor/irony/wahteverness of the response. sry)
    Doesn't help that a lot of news outlets have been wrong about articles that they have put out throughout this process.

I agree with Grapeshot. This whole process people have been getting ahead of themselves. Let's wait until this becomes law in January instead of making a thread that will likely sit idle for half a year.
    Yep. We got the next step. Now is not the time to push it. We start pushing again in a year and a half, next session.

Why yes it is. But you must have the secret decoder ring (badge) to enjoy it.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

It always irritates me when someone says "how can you expect a police officer to know all the laws, there are so many and they aren't lawyers."
    My reply is "then they should stick to what they know and have been trained to enforce."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk