• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn sightings

hovercat

Time for the Texas section to have it's own report.
I saw 2 May 31, at Trader's Village in Grand Prairie. One with a large bore single action revolver in his front pants pocket, another with a holstered semi-auto.
I am guessing that the local cowboys lassoed them, but I did not see that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would seem premature to be seeing unicorns in any significent numbers as the new law will not become effective until Jan 1. 2016.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
I agree with Grapeshot. This whole process people have been getting ahead of themselves. Let's wait until this becomes law in January instead of making a thread that will likely sit idle for half a year.

mustangkiller

He's saying he's already seen the unicorn. Until proven wrong, I'll assume the person with the modern pistol fell under an exemption of some kind i.e. traveling.

stealthyeliminator

Unfortunately some may mistakenly believe that the law has already taken effect. Hopefully we don't see anyone get into a legal bind for this.

You can also expect to see, though, protesters continue to, or even increasingly carry realistic looking non-firearms. Personally I hope this doesn't contribute to anyone mistakenly believing that the law has already taken effect.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Unfortunately some may mistakenly believe that the law has already taken effect. Hopefully we don't see anyone get into a legal bind for this.

You can also expect to see, though, protesters continue to, or even increasingly carry realistic looking non-firearms. Personally I hope this doesn't contribute to anyone mistakenly believing that the law has already taken effect.

There are many people who thought this the first time SB 17 passed the Senate.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Is ignorance of how government works a valid excuse?

I'm not excusing anything. I'm pointing out how quick people are to assume that something is fact before verifying it as well as how dangerous misinformation is.

nonameisgood

I'm not excusing anything. I'm pointing out how quick people are to assume that something is fact before verifying it as well as how dangerous misinformation is.

I was agreeing with you. People catch a Tweet about "open carry passes senate" and think "I can do it now" because they don't bother to find out the True Facts. (The limitation of this medium sometimes - a quick reply doesn't convey the sarcasm/humor/irony/wahteverness of the response. sry)

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
I was agreeing with you. People catch a Tweet about "open carry passes senate" and think "I can do it now" because they don't bother to find out the True Facts. (The limitation of this medium sometimes - a quick reply doesn't convey the sarcasm/humor/irony/wahteverness of the response. sry)

Doesn't help that a lot of news outlets have been wrong about articles that they have put out throughout this process.

jordanmills

I agree with Grapeshot. This whole process people have been getting ahead of themselves. Let's wait until this becomes law in January instead of making a thread that will likely sit idle for half a year.

Yep. We got the next step. Now is not the time to push it. We start pushing again in a year and a half, next session.

nonameisgood

It always irritates me when someone says "how can you expect a police officer to know all the laws, there are so many and they aren't lawyers."
My reply is "then they should stick to what they know and have been trained to enforce."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk