• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wear orange on the Second??

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/37824/

With National Gun Violence Awareness Day just around the corner on June 2, celebrities, TV networks, record labels, magazines and 60 U.S. mayors are preparing to wear orange to show their support for the first annual event sponsored Everytown for Gun Safety.
Among those who will be participating include, Julianne Moore, Russell Simmons, Sarah Silverman, Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Aasif Mandvi, Alyssa Milano, Padma Lakshmi, John Hodgman, Amanda Peet, Perez Hilton, Melissa Joan Hart, Tiffani Thiessen, Tunde Adebimpe of TV On The Radio, Rise Against, Mario Batali, Anti-Flag, Nigel Barker, Grace Weber, Jon Foreman, Judith Hill, Amber Coffman of Dirty Projectors, Tyler Glenn of Neon Trees and Thomas Roberts of MSNBC

I have seen very little about this in the media. Is it because I just don't go to whiner sites? Is it because people are beginning to understand that the gun itself does no harm?
I think I may wear orange tomorrow, and a gun. A big pistol that could be seen beyond the brightness of the orange would do.

The "list" will give you the opportunity to support these people monetarily or to spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Sure, I'll wear orange.

Screen-shot-2011-10-17-at-11.31.18-AM.png

I do all the time anyway.

solus

They'll wear orange jumpsuits to represent all the criminals who ignore useless gun laws?

i'd wear the orange jumpsuit but with my Irish luck, mine would have 'felon ~ sheriff's office' stenciled in bold block letters across the back...sigh

now what do i have to wear that is orange???

ipse

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I wore orange today. Tomorrow I am wearing black and khaki and, in honor of gun violence awareness, I am going to OC all day so that others can see it is their right to be armed to defend themselves against those who would do violence against them with a gun or other weapon.

Although I think everyone is aware of gun violence. Just too many don't care about gun violence unless certain demographics are involved. The same people who rioted in Ferguson are mute as to the significantly increased violence in urban areas across the country this spring. But then, that violence doesn't fit the agenda and doesn't further the agenda to register or disarm law abiding citizens.

solus

I wore orange today. Tomorrow I am wearing black and khaki and, in honor of gun violence awareness, I am going to OC all day so that others can see it is their right to be armed to defend themselves against those who would do violence against them with a gun or other weapon.

Although I think everyone is aware of gun violence. Just too many don't care about gun violence unless certain demographics are involved. The same people who rioted in Ferguson are mute as to the significantly increased violence in urban areas across the country this spring. But then, that violence doesn't fit the agenda and doesn't further the agenda to register or disarm law abiding citizens.

deep, i believe the kind citizens in Baltimore are wondering about the last month's spike in homicides but will be oblivious to the thought of taking their protection into their own realm of SD by OC/CC'g a firearm. unfortunately, it won't manifest itself as LAC but rather the nice BPD will step in and play hero defeating the nasty bad guys...oh if a couple of the bad guys die under questionable circumstances, chief will step out and hypothetical tell the Baltimore citizens:

".. you can't have it both ways and sorry so and so 'accidentally' died while in our care or during our investigation...get over it...crap happens when we risk our lives protecting you good citizens!"

and the cycle begins once again.

ipse

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

That may be what the color orange means to you Nightmare, but my grandparents, who actually came here from Ireland and grew up there, took the opposite meaning.
Don't feel too bad about this mix up, if you are not Irish it wouldn't matter any more than the difference between Jameson and Bushmill whiskey.
[/SUP]

Yeppers. https://youtu.be/cTouKoOV80g

Oh it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen
My father he was orange and me mother she was green

Oh my father was an Ulsterman, proud Protestant was he
Me mother was a Catholic girl, from County Cork was she
They were married in two churches, lived happily enough
Until the day that I was born and things got rather tough

Oh it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen
My father he was orange and me mother she was green

Baptized by father Riley, I was rushed away by car
To be made a little Orangeman, my father's shining star
I was christened David Anthony, but still in spite of that
To my father I was William while me mother called me Pat.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I went by the county government complex (how nice of them to confine it to one small area) today. Apparently the residents of the County Jail and both Deputies babysitting them all wanted me to be aware of gun violence. I was more aware that they were walking in the middle of the street, blocking traffic, instead of using the perfectly good sidewalk.

stay safe.