Thread: Blaze.com - Vince Vaughn supports right to have a gun in public “full stop"!

Moderator / Administrator

Blaze.com - Vince Vaughn supports right to have a gun in public “full stop"!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...15%20Build-MON

SNIP

Actor Vince Vaughn sounded off on gun ownership rights in a big way in a new interview with British GQ.

HOLLYWOOD, CA - MARCH 04: Vince Vaughn attends the hand and footprint ceremony honoring him held at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX on March 4, 2015 in Hollywood, California. Vince Vaughn gave a full-throated defense of gun ownership rights in a new interview with British GQ.

In excerpts from the interview published Monday, Vaughn said he supports the right for people to have a gun in public “full stop, not just in your home” and that the Second Amendment is “not about duck hunting” . . .
    . . .

At least one person im Hollywood gets it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eople-fat.html

He added: 'I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don't have the right to bear arms because of burglars.

'We have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government. It's not about duck hunting, it's about the ability of the individual.

'It's the same reason we have freedom of speech. It's well known that the greatest defence against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back.'

Vaughn went on: 'All these gun shootings that have gone down in America since 1950, only one or maybe two have happened in non-gun-free zones. Take mass shootings. They've only happened in places that don't allow guns. These people are sick in the head and are going to kill innocent people.

'They are looking to slaughter defenceless human beings ... In all of our schools it is illegal to have guns on campus, so again and again these guys go and shoot up these ... schools because they know there are no guns there. They are monsters killing six-year-olds.'
    Nice to see one person gets it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Much like
    Advocate freedom please

Saw this on several news blogs today. I has made other pro 2A comments as I recall, but nothing this blatant and pointed. Nice to read someone in his position/career coming out on this side of the issue. Will likely make his next LA dinner party rather interesting though....
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Clapclapclapclapclap

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Saw this on several news blogs today. I has made other pro 2A comments as I recall, but nothing this blatant and pointed. Nice to read someone in his position/career coming out on this side of the issue. Will likely make his next LA dinner party rather interesting though....
    I suspect that he has been dropped from many a Christmas card list...for those in his peer group that recognize Christmas that is.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

while i applaud his stance, but that he did it in the UK's CQ instead of here at home is of concern ~ he couldn't find a US publication, even the rolling stone for goodness sake would have worked to stand on his soapbox.

OC4ME, your prob right...no xmas cards.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    while i applaud his stance, but that he did it in the UK's CQ instead of here at home is of concern ~ he couldn't find a US publication, even the rolling stone for goodness sake would have worked to stand on his soapbox.

OC4ME, your prob right...no xmas cards.

ipse
    I still applaud him for saying anything...it's all timing after all

Not sure what his reasons were, but maybe it was a 'test balloon' of sorts. Maybe he is just the start of a trend of celebrities to voice their 2a support.
    Last edited by SW40VE-OC; 06-02-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Or he has a new movie coming out where is shooting all sorts of people. Like Liam Neeson and a whole bunch of the Hollywood types do, but are publicly anti-gun, except for their bodyguards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Good for Vince. He's still not funny.