• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blaze.com - Vince Vaughn supports right to have a gun in public “full stop"!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201..._campaign=Firewire - HORIZON 6-1-15 Build-MON

SNIP

Actor Vince Vaughn sounded off on gun ownership rights in a big way in a new interview with British GQ.

HOLLYWOOD, CA - MARCH 04: Vince Vaughn attends the hand and footprint ceremony honoring him held at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX on March 4, 2015 in Hollywood, California. Vince Vaughn gave a full-throated defense of gun ownership rights in a new interview with British GQ.

In excerpts from the interview published Monday, Vaughn said he supports the right for people to have a gun in public “full stop, not just in your home” and that the Second Amendment is “not about duck hunting” . . .
. . .

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
At least one person im Hollywood gets it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ike-banning-forks-stop-making-people-fat.html

He added: 'I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don't have the right to bear arms because of burglars.

'We have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government. It's not about duck hunting, it's about the ability of the individual.

'It's the same reason we have freedom of speech. It's well known that the greatest defence against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back.'

Vaughn went on: 'All these gun shootings that have gone down in America since 1950, only one or maybe two have happened in non-gun-free zones. Take mass shootings. They've only happened in places that don't allow guns. These people are sick in the head and are going to kill innocent people.

'They are looking to slaughter defenceless human beings ... In all of our schools it is illegal to have guns on campus, so again and again these guys go and shoot up these ... schools because they know there are no guns there. They are monsters killing six-year-olds.'

Nice to see one person gets it.

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Saw this on several news blogs today. I has made other pro 2A comments as I recall, but nothing this blatant and pointed. Nice to read someone in his position/career coming out on this side of the issue. Will likely make his next LA dinner party rather interesting though....

OC for ME

Saw this on several news blogs today. I has made other pro 2A comments as I recall, but nothing this blatant and pointed. Nice to read someone in his position/career coming out on this side of the issue. Will likely make his next LA dinner party rather interesting though....
I suspect that he has been dropped from many a Christmas card list...for those in his peer group that recognize Christmas that is.

solus

while i applaud his stance, but that he did it in the UK's CQ instead of here at home is of concern ~ he couldn't find a US publication, even the rolling stone for goodness sake would have worked to stand on his soapbox.

OC4ME, your prob right...no xmas cards.

ipse

Dian Mullis

while i applaud his stance, but that he did it in the UK's CQ instead of here at home is of concern ~ he couldn't find a US publication, even the rolling stone for goodness sake would have worked to stand on his soapbox.

OC4ME, your prob right...no xmas cards.

ipse

I still applaud him for saying anything...it's all timing after all

SW40VE-OC

Not sure what his reasons were, but maybe it was a 'test balloon' of sorts. Maybe he is just the start of a trend of celebrities to voice their 2a support.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Or he has a new movie coming out where is shooting all sorts of people. Like Liam Neeson and a whole bunch of the Hollywood types do, but are publicly anti-gun, except for their bodyguards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk