Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Securitas guard asked me to put my firearm in my car at DOL

  1. #1
    Regular Member Tacitus42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tacoma,Wa
    Posts
    189

    Securitas guard asked me to put my firearm in my car at DOL

    Picking up tabs at the DOL in the Pierce County Auditor's Office bldg 2401 S 35th St #200 Tacoma on fri. Securitas guard [he was armed and tacticooled out] asked me to return my properly holstered Glock 22 to my car as this was a government building. I politely refused stating to him that this was not a federal building, I wasnt going to answer any questions, I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my property , that he should contact his supervisor, and asked him if he heard of state preemption. just gave it to him ,the look on his face was priceless. all he said was no problems sir. i got my tabs, went back asked him for his name and who he worked for. I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it. I will follow up with securitas and dol. sorry for grammar and punctuations as a couple of keys on my keyboard just stopped working, lot of copy and pasting.

    *VIDEOS ADDED BELOW*
    Last edited by Tacitus42; 06-03-2015 at 02:03 AM. Reason: VIDEO ADDED
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    I will follow up with securitas and dol..
    Great, never relent. I like a Man who sees Citizenship as a Verb.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    Picking up tabs at the DOL in the Pierce County Auditor's Office bldg 2401 S 35th St #200 Tacoma on fri. Securitas guard [he was armed and tacticooled out] asked me to return my properly holstered Glock 22 to my car as this was a government building. I politely refused stating to him that this was not a federal building, I wasnt going to answer any questions, I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my property , that he should contact his supervisor, and asked him if he heard of state preemption. just gave it to him ,the look on his face was priceless. all he said was no problems sir. i got my tabs, went back asked him for his name and who he worked for. I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it. I will follow up with securitas and dol. sorry for grammar and punctuations as a couple of keys on my keyboard just stopped working, lot of copy and pasting.
    +1 Awesome standing up for yourself and by extension, those who follow you!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    tac, nice job dealing with the turkey bacon. my problem is being able to say it w/o bursting out laughing and wanting to ask if they are really and truly that naive or under trained or on such a ego trip. (choice of terms depends entirely on diet coke's stature and demur when i am approached)

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it.
    If you post from a computer (as opposed to a phone) you can often get saved images and video clips off the phone by connecting it to a computer. The charge port is almost always a USB port, no matter how weird the plug looks.

  6. #6
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    If you post from a computer (as opposed to a phone) you can often get saved images and video clips off the phone by connecting it to a computer. The charge port is almost always a USB port, no matter how weird the plug looks.
    Or you can email it from your phone to your computer.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,761
    I think you're going about this wrong. If the private guard is contracted to tell people with guns to leave, then that's what he's going to do, and no amount of waiving RCWs under his nose is going to change that. He's not contracted to know the law - he's contracted to do what the County tells him to.

    I'm not saying don't make a stink. I'm saying make a stink with the right people, which would be the Auditor's office or the County Council, or perhaps the division of the County that is in charge of administering their facilities. Take the effort you would have used on Securitas, and redirect it to the County.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    I think you're going about this wrong. If the private guard is contracted to tell people with guns to leave, then that's what he's going to do, and no amount of waiving RCWs under his nose is going to change that. He's not contracted to know the law - he's contracted to do what the County tells him to.

    I'm not saying don't make a stink. I'm saying make a stink with the right people, which would be the Auditor's office or the County Council, or perhaps the division of the County that is in charge of administering their facilities. Take the effort you would have used on Securitas, and redirect it to the County.

    Ummmm just following order......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,761
    Ummmm just following order......


    I think there's a distinct difference between a private person (the guard) who can be ignored without peril, and a commissioned law enforcement officer or other government appointee who perhaps cannot be ignored without the risk of at least temporary peril. The orders the guard is operating under are of no concern, since he's no authority.

    Why direct energies at someone who's no authority to change the situation?

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,603
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    I think there's a distinct difference between a private person (the guard) who can be ignored without peril, and a commissioned law enforcement officer or other government appointee who perhaps cannot be ignored without the risk of at least temporary peril. The orders the guard is operating under are of no concern, since he's no authority.

    Why direct energies at someone who's no authority to change the situation?
    Hmmm - maybe because we want the public (those observing) to have the facts straight - education being one of our goals.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-04-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    The government hires someone to enforce a policy, those enforcers are obligated to do so within the law.

    Otherwise they are just ........following orders........

    Something I don't care much for.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The government hires someone to enforce a policy, those enforcers are obligated to do so within the law.
    Moreover, these enforcers may well be deputized, now or in the future, while on the clock.
    Last edited by ()pen(arry; 06-04-2015 at 09:59 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,761
    The government hires someone to enforce a policy,


    We don't really know what they've been hired to do. Probably just request certain conduct from people, then report and observe. No laying of hands. No enforcement. That's usually how those private security gigs go.

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    We don't really know what they've been hired to do. Probably just request certain conduct from people, then report and observe. No laying of hands. No enforcement. That's usually how those private security gigs go.[/COLOR]

    Nope. They check weapons and stop you from entering courthouses all the time.....

    IF you are hired by the tax parasites to do a do duty than do that duty within the law. Pretty simple concept.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    Moreover, these enforcers may well be deputized, now or in the future, while on the clock.
    Oh yea, its getting scary, and they love the power.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    Picking up tabs at the DOL in the Pierce County Auditor's Office bldg 2401 S 35th St #200 Tacoma on fri. Securitas guard [he was armed and tacticooled out] asked me to return my properly holstered Glock 22 to my car as this was a government building. I politely refused stating to him that this was not a federal building, I wasnt going to answer any questions, I do not consent to any searches or seizures of me or my property , that he should contact his supervisor, and asked him if he heard of state preemption. just gave it to him ,the look on his face was priceless. all he said was no problems sir. i got my tabs, went back asked him for his name and who he worked for. I recorded vid on my phone cant quit figure out how to upload it. I will follow up with securitas and dol. sorry for grammar and punctuations as a couple of keys on my keyboard just stopped working, lot of copy and pasting.

    *VIDEOS ADDED BELOW*
    Can't see the video.

    Curious as to know why this security guard was there. I'm in the Assessor/Treasurer's Office/DOL area there at the County Annex nearly once a week for research purposes, including twice last week (Monday for 2 hours and Wednesday for an hour or so) and I've never once seen security. They used to have an unarmed security guard in the parking lot (4GS?) who just drove around in a Jeep SUV, but never once have I seen security inside, armed or unarmed, and I've never seen anyone OC'ing.
    "There is NO timer in a gunfight, but there IS another guy with a gun, and he's probably in a hurry!"- from someone who bothered to go and check

  17. #17
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    I think there's a distinct difference between a private person (the guard) who can be ignored without peril, and a commissioned law enforcement officer or other government appointee who perhaps cannot be ignored without the risk of at least temporary peril. The orders the guard is operating under are of no concern, since he's no authority.

    Why direct energies at someone who's no authority to change the situation?[/COLOR]
    No authority?

    He is an official representative of the property owner. He is likely empowered by that contractile relationship, to have limited 'control' over the State owned property.

    If the state asked him to do something illegal, then he should refuse. If he doesn't refuse, then he is as guilty as the State official who gave him the instructions -- for violating state law.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

    "We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

    "The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

    "I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

    "Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,761
    He is an official representative of the property owner.


    You're the property owner; it's a publicly owned building. He's no more authority to command you to do anything than any other Joe waiting in line, "contractile" (sic) agreement notwithstanding.

  19. #19
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    [/COLOR]

    You're the property owner; it's a publicly owned building. He's no more authority to command you to do anything than any other Joe waiting in line, "contractile" (sic) agreement notwithstanding.
    Well great I love it. Then I can ignore their demands!

    Then a police officer is the same as you claim. Nothing but another Joe hired by "us".

    Of course the reality is we are not the state or the government.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •