• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blaze orange for Bloomy

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Today is wear orange day for the anti gun people. I generally don't wear it. It's a nannystater law but it does make it easy to spot trespassing RTR'S and escaped convicts. ...but today I'll wear a little along with my 1911.

On June 2 HBO, MTV, and a host of celebrities will be joining Michael Bloomberg and other pro-gun control groups to watch participating mayors proclaim “Gun Violence Awareness Day” in their cities.

Those participating will “wear orange” and MTV will “change its on-air logo — as well as several of its social media avatars — to orange in recognition of National Gun Violence Awareness Day.”e push was largely out-shadowed by the number of Americans flocking to gun stores to get guns and bullets for self-defense following the Islamic attack in Garland at the start of Mother’s Day week.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
jXrFni0.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm not sure it is a popular concept anywhere south of Maryland. I saw a lot of orange but it was those dog hunters at the DGIF meeting.