• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Summary of the 84th legislative session

Count

Founder's Club Member
Open carry for license holders passed! HB910 removes the requirement to conceal (except for campuses, including the grounds). Same places off limits apply to concealed and open carry (in a shoulder or belt holster). Goes into effect in January 2016.

Campus carry passed! SB11 will not let public universities and colleges to have a blanket prohibition against concealed carry for permit holders. Private higher education institutions can prohibit you with a 30.06 from the entire property..... Good first step..... Goes into effect in September.

Government building signage SB273 passed! Currently a lot of government properties where it is legal to carry post a 30.06 as a bluff... The Dallas Central appraisal building is one of them, where its attorney told me he knows it's not enforceable, but will leave the sign up as a bluff because he can. Now this bill allows us to write a complaint to the respective governmental entity and if we don't get a quick response (I think it was 3 days) we can submit a complaint to the attorney general who will investigate and send a notice to the government agency giving it 15 days to remove (for first time offenders) and then the fines will keep coming in..... every day a separate violation.... first violation 1000, subsequent 10,000-10,5000 per day..... If the attorney general has to sue to collect the government agency will be responsible for the attorney general incurred costs, too..... I really like this law! Goes into effect in September.

Class 3 devices law SB473 passed. It revised Penal code 46.05 clarifying the legality of it (if properly registered). September 1st......

Constitutional Amendment to affirm the individual right to hunt and fish will be on this year's November ballot!

Alice Tripp from Texas State Rifle Association worked hard on these priority bills and her experience in dealing with these game playing politicians was invaluable...... Bloomberg jokers spent a fortune with their front groups and got their asses handed to them! Good work!

77zach

It gives me great satisfaction to know nazi Bloomberg suffered such huge defeats this year. I know tears are salty, but MDA's taste so sweet! Maybe this will help wake up Fl and SC's pro gun legislators to push for OC

Last edited: