Thread: Conversation at Publix in Pensacola

Conversation at Publix in Pensacola

I am from Tennessee and in the past few months I have made two trips to Florida and have the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit. First trip, we flew from Nashville to Panama City Beach and knowing Florida conceal and carry, where open carry is not allowed, even printing is frowned up, I carried by Kel-Tec P-11 due to its small size. Last week we drove from NW Tennessee through Mississippi overnight and I open carried my Glock 17 through the Magnolia state. We arrived in Orange Beach, AL that morning and I used my XL shirt to conceal. Since we were too early to check into our condo, we ended up in Pensacola, conducting some geocaching and browsing around. Early afternoon, we were backtracking towards the Condo and stopped at a Publix. We shopped a while, where we gathered some items for the next few days. At checkout, my entourage at bailed out on me, leaving me with the shopping cart to unload. Bearing in mind that in the past 36 hours I have had less than 2 hours of sleep, the clerk asks "Is that a pistol?". I told him yes and continued about my business and further said, I have a permit to carry. Figured the next question(s) would come from a manager, he said "Can't blame you, we need to carry" and then asked what I was packing.

Well,,,

Sooooo welcome to the forum,,,,, the OC Forum!

and thanks for the interesting story,,, enjoy your vacation..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Pensacola is heavily armed. I see guns printing and poking out all the time. Even the Airforce base nearby is cool and let's hunters on base armed, but don't bring a firearm on the Navy base! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    Pensacola is heavily armed. I see guns printing and poking out all the time. Even the Airforce base nearby is cool and let's hunters on base armed, but don't bring a firearm on the Navy base! Welcome!
    yes, if they are actually hunting.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Good first post Titansfan. I do see that you OC when and where you can.

BTW - inadvertent printing in Florida is not a problem that some seem to think.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93664-How-exactly-is-quot-printing-quot-legal-under-Florida-laws

The 2014 Florida Statutes
    790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0790.053.html
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-15-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.