• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conversation at Publix in Pensacola

Titansfan

I am from Tennessee and in the past few months I have made two trips to Florida and have the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit. First trip, we flew from Nashville to Panama City Beach and knowing Florida conceal and carry, where open carry is not allowed, even printing is frowned up, I carried by Kel-Tec P-11 due to its small size. Last week we drove from NW Tennessee through Mississippi overnight and I open carried my Glock 17 through the Magnolia state. We arrived in Orange Beach, AL that morning and I used my XL shirt to conceal. Since we were too early to check into our condo, we ended up in Pensacola, conducting some geocaching and browsing around. Early afternoon, we were backtracking towards the Condo and stopped at a Publix. We shopped a while, where we gathered some items for the next few days. At checkout, my entourage at bailed out on me, leaving me with the shopping cart to unload. Bearing in mind that in the past 36 hours I have had less than 2 hours of sleep, the clerk asks "Is that a pistol?". I told him yes and continued about my business and further said, I have a permit to carry. Figured the next question(s) would come from a manager, he said "Can't blame you, we need to carry" and then asked what I was packing.

Mas49.56

Pensacola is heavily armed. I see guns printing and poking out all the time. Even the Airforce base nearby is cool and let's hunters on base armed, but don't bring a firearm on the Navy base! Welcome!

notalawyer

Pensacola is heavily armed. I see guns printing and poking out all the time. Even the Airforce base nearby is cool and let's hunters on base armed, but don't bring a firearm on the Navy base! Welcome!

yes, if they are actually hunting. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good first post Titansfan. I do see that you OC when and where you can.

BTW - inadvertent printing in Florida is not a problem that some seem to think.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93664-How-exactly-is-quot-printing-quot-legal-under-Florida-laws

The 2014 Florida Statutes
790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.053.html

Last edited: