Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Will a "Sneaky Pete" holster pass for concealment in Florida?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    far sw corner of stark co. OH.
    Posts
    87

    Will a "Sneaky Pete" holster pass for concealment in Florida?

    I know this may be a rather odd question, but I live in Ohio and normally don't conceal, but I'll be visiting Florida in a few weeks. Question is, will a holster like the "Sneaky Pete", which completely covers/encases the firearm, pass as legally concealing in your state, (Florida)?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    76
    The sneaky Pete does suffice for concealment in Florida. I have used it extensively here.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    far sw corner of stark co. OH.
    Posts
    87
    Thanks for the reply, Snyper1......I only use it for church up here, as they make one for the XD(s) I carry...again, thanks.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    I did not know that this existed. Buying immediately.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper1 View Post
    The sneaky Pete does suffice for concealment in Florida. I have used it extensively here.


    http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    far sw corner of stark co. OH.
    Posts
    87
    That's it, Grapeshot....sort of ridiculess to have to use those in Florida or to attend church up here but I like my shirts tucked in and the convienience of OC but have to appease the law and ignorant and feint of heart, but it's the closest thing to OC w/ just a holster and no clothing over it.......SMH.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Aw, they don't make one for a full-sized, railed 1911...

    Guess I'll have to bust out the 9oz cowhide and the awl...

    I'm curious, at what point it would be considered printing? Why make a giant rectangle when a triangle will do?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    ...I'm curious, at what point it would be considered printing? Why make a giant rectangle when a triangle will do?
    Because it's actually designed for concealing, not just to "conceal" for the law. A rectangle is much more dismissed as a PDA or phone, or the like.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Because it's actually designed for concealing, not just to "conceal" for the law. A rectangle is much more dismissed as a PDA or phone, or the like.
    There's concealment, and there's keeping a secret...

    Besides, layout a stencil for a rectangle that can house a full-sized 1911.... It's obnoxiously huge, and nobody is mistaking it for a smartphone...

    If it's triangular, maybe it's a pizza slice transporter? Beats carrying a green plastic training gun in my Serpa...

    I'm considering making such a holster so I can carry a real gun. The rectangular Sneaky Pete holsters have the Logo right on them, kinda gives it away... Back in the last attempt at OC, I carried a P38 flap holster full of "donut seed" packets in case of illegal search.... lulz.

    I really just want a practical way to carry a useful gun in this crappy state.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    59

    You might look at cell phone/PDA pouches

    Rather than making one and depending on the size of your gun you might consider commercial cell phone or PDA Pouches.

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    You could just carry a man purse...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You could just carry a man purse...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solus bag.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	12617

    some prefer the term 'shoulder bag', thank you!!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    It's a "satchel!"

    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  14. #14
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    not to quibble, but in those days being depicted by your foto...weren't they actually called 'Messenger Bags' per se?

    and that was the best scene in the whole bloody movie!!

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-28-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    601
    I am visiting family right now in southern Kalifornia and the sneaky pete holster works well here, no problems so far. Its a very nice product, and makes concealment easy peasy.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    that was the best scene in the whole bloody movie!!
    ...and it wasn't in the script.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You could just carry a man purse...
    I usually have a backpack because rat bike. But there are many sound arguments against off-body carry, and I don't like doing it.

    Just trying to find a way to carry a real handgun without having to gain 20 more inches in my waistband before I can do it...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  18. #18
    Regular Member ADulay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I usually have a backpack because rat bike. But there are many sound arguments against off-body carry, and I don't like doing it.

    Just trying to find a way to carry a real handgun without having to gain 20 more inches in my waistband before I can do it...
    I normally try to open carry as much as possible but when I have to "hide the sidearm" I also don't wish to purchase larger pants.

    This guy is carrying a pair of 45's. He also rides a motorcycle.

    A tee shirt and a vest. About as simple as it gets for times when you have to "conceal".

    A golf shirt and a vest for when I need to "dress up" a bit also works.

    AD

    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    I normally try to open carry as much as possible but when I have to "hide the sidearm" I also don't wish to purchase larger pants.

    This guy is carrying a pair of 45's. He also rides a motorcycle.

    A tee shirt and a vest. About as simple as it gets for times when you have to "conceal".

    A golf shirt and a vest for when I need to "dress up" a bit also works.
    Everyone who's made this argument knows it's a deceptive fraud, no different from an anti-gunner arguing that people capable of defending themselves will just cause more of a mess...

    When you just stand there and pose for the camera you can hide a great multitude more than when going about life's activities.

    Not everyone has the open carry body type, either...

    I can conceal a Desert Eagle if I'm just standing there in the most convenient pose as someone snaps a picture. You don't stand around striking that pose for 16 hours a day, doing nothing useful, do you?

    Slide under your car to check what that dragging noise is, or do an oil change. Mow a half-acre lawn and trim a few branches with your pole saw. Hell, just sit down and stand up a few times. Heave 4 tons of CnC mill over a steel beam threshold. Relocate a 500lb Air Compressor. Move 80 tons of steel bar stock and tubing one piece at a time for 9 hours. Lean over a chip tray to reach a electronics cabinet and wire in a 4th axis. Reach for the cookie jar on the highest shelf. Help an old lady reach for stuff on the highest shelf at walmart. Sit on your butt trying to TIG weld (no fans, no breeze at all) for 8 hours and see if you don't sweat out a few gallons of caustic rust accelerator all over your gun... Not only are you guaranteed to print and expose in even these basic activities, but it makes them very hard and uncomfortable to do. Having a usefully-sized gun inside your waistband poking you in places that you really don't want to be poked, for 16 hours a day... You won't be doing it for very long. It won't be your daily option after doing that for a week.

    This is the whole reason we have the conversation "The gun you actually carry is the best one. The gun you leave at home because the hassle is too much, is a gun that doesn't do you any good."

    This is the very reason why pocket guns are so damned popular. Yes, they're woefully inadequate. Yes, they discourage practice because they're no fun to shoot at all. But, they're the gun you take with you when the experience of carrying a real gun in a legal manner has come to the point that you just won't do it anymore. Carrying a real gun makes you stop doing all the things you'd rather do, or simply should do. Just standing there striking the one pose where you're not printing or exposing isn't even comfortable for 16 hours. Even if you're pretty and fat enough to get away with it, who wants to just stand there all day? Don't you have stuff to do?

    Being able to put a gun outside your waistband and not end up exposing or printing is the real barrier here. I'm willing to put up with being forced to keep it wrapped 100% in leather so long as I can put it where it belongs; not inside my pants. There's just no room and it makes everyday life impossible. No sane person will torture themselves with the perpetual physical discomfort and risk of exposure/printing being seen by some statist-activist d0uche cop.

    Maybe THAT GUY rides a bike and carries 2 .45s. What kind of bike? How far? Just like the picture leaves reality ut of the analysis, so does your statement deliberately fail to account for important totality of facts... I dare you to come up with a way that I can do it. If there were, I'd be doing it.

    I'm not fat. I do more than just pose for the camera in my daily life. I can't find a way to even sit down that isn't painful with a concealed 1911.

    What can be made to appear workable while posing for the camera for a fraction of a second under the most convenient of circumstances, doesn't work in real life in even mildly strenuous activities. It's the whole reason pocket guns evolved in the first place... You can't tell me there's no valid reason, when the valid reason was so strong that it forced the evolution of an entire category of guns.

    Besides, who wants to sweat all over their $1500 gun and rust it up? I dare you to stand outside not even doing anything for 5 minutes right now and not sweat.

    I want to Open Carry because I want to be able to carry a real gun and not hurt myself with it or worry about what might happen if I let it prints or is exposed.

    The next best thing is a pizza slice transporter... I'm not trying to be obnoxious with it. I'd rather not do it. I'm willing to settle, but who knows the stretch an activists freedom-hating cop and judge will make in regard to printing?

    A Sneaky Pete Holster has the logo right on it, flat-out advertising what's inside. It may be rectangular, but it comes right out and says "There's a gun in here!"

    Maybe a triangular holster of similar design is no better, but it's not a P38 flap holster, either...

    PT738 in the pocket, Serpa with a Neon Green Cold Steel $20 piece of rubber in it...

    http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-92R.../dp/B00HZIAHH6

    I'd OC a banana, but it doesn't fit in my holster...

    Even the PT738 is an annoyance to carry... It loves to pop the mag catch. I've actually developed a habit of pushing the mag in as a pull it out of my pocket, much like flipping a manual safety as you draw...
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-03-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    --snipped for bevity--
    So how do you really feel about that?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member ADulay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
    Posts
    466
    Ixtow,

    I wasn't trying to define the only way to carry, I was merely pointing out that when I need to, I can conceal my NORMALLY OPENLY CARRIED SIDEARM quite nicely.

    People on these forums who know me have seen me in the motorcycle vest, the Columbia fishing shirt and when it's cold, a nice golf jacket, otherwise it is OPEN CARRY.

    Yes, I would like to ditch the vest and the various cover garments that are ALWAYS in my right side saddle bag. (My range bag is also in there).

    So, as I won't be welding up a transmission under a vehicle, I can surely drive in and out while armed.

    I didn't really understand most of your post as it relates to this thread, but it was entertaining!

    Also, for the record, I don't normally carry two 45's. That was just for the photo to demonstrate a point.

    Normally it's a single 45 with a spare magazine on the other side. Day in and day out. It's just the way I am. I do wear that particular vest a lot when needed.

    AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

  22. #22
    Regular Member ADulay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Being able to put a gun outside your waistband and not end up exposing or printing is the real barrier here.
    Really? Toss a shirt on. Printing is not an issue.



    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Maybe THAT GUY rides a bike and carries 2 .45s. What kind of bike? How far?
    That guy rides every day, everywhere. Rain or shine. It's what I do. MOST of my travel is open carry on the bike. I shoot a lot. BMW R1200RT.

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I dare you to come up with a way that I can do it. If there were, I'd be doing it.
    Do what? Carry on your bike? Not a big deal. Forget the stupid printing scare. It's just not anything to be concerned about.

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I can't find a way to even sit down that isn't painful with a concealed 1911.
    Seriously? You can't conceal a 1911 and sit down? What the heck am I missing here? I've got a full sized Glock 21 that is at least as large as most 1911's and it's not a problem to wear it all day, go to the club to eat lunch, hit the local Starbucks, Morgan Stanley or Mexican restaurant. It's on the belt and out of sight with the vest or shirt. Once again, not a big deal and my pants are still the same size, with or without the sidearm.

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post

    Besides, who wants to sweat all over their $1500 gun and rust it up? I dare you to stand outside not even doing anything for 5 minutes right now and not sweat.
    What's the problem? I do it all day every day. Hard to believe I'm not "rusting up my $1500 gun" as you say. I go to the park with the "little one" and kick the soccer ball around or chase the Frisbee. Somehow nothing ominous has happened and my sidearm looks just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I want to Open Carry because I want to be able to carry a real gun and not hurt myself with it or worry about what might happen if I let it prints or is exposed.
    At least on this we agree. I still think you're way over concerned about the printing aspect though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Even the PT738 is an annoyance to carry... It loves to pop the mag catch.
    To me that just says to put that sidearm away. If it won't function for daily use, it's pointless to carry. I've traded off a lot of guns for reasons just like that.

    AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    Ixtow,

    I wasn't trying to define the only way to carry, I was merely pointing out that when I need to, I can conceal my NORMALLY OPENLY CARRIED SIDEARM quite nicely.

    People on these forums who know me have seen me in the motorcycle vest, the Columbia fishing shirt and when it's cold, a nice golf jacket, otherwise it is OPEN CARRY.

    Yes, I would like to ditch the vest and the various cover garments that are ALWAYS in my right side saddle bag. (My range bag is also in there).

    So, as I won't be welding up a transmission under a vehicle, I can surely drive in and out while armed.

    I didn't really understand most of your post as it relates to this thread, but it was entertaining!

    Also, for the record, I don't normally carry two 45's. That was just for the photo to demonstrate a point.

    Normally it's a single 45 with a spare magazine on the other side. Day in and day out. It's just the way I am. I do wear that particular vest a lot when needed.

    AD
    Pretty much par for the course with him.

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    Pretty much par for the course with him.
    Those with weak minds are common enough to band together...

    As I've recently said elsewhere, it's a form of confirmation bias.

    "All the other idiots I know can't figure it out, so that makes us right."
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    I wasn't trying to define the only way to carry, I was merely pointing out that when I need to, I can conceal my NORMALLY OPENLY CARRIED SIDEARM quite nicely.
    I wasn't suggesting that you were. You're one of the few people here that manages a respectable position, and isn't afraid to have a useful conversation with me. Most people see the logic and then pretend I'm crazy when I destroy their argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    People on these forums who know me have seen me in the motorcycle vest, the Columbia fishing shirt and when it's cold, a nice golf jacket, otherwise it is OPEN CARRY.
    OK? I'm not sure how this applies or is a point of contention...
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    Yes, I would like to ditch the vest and the various cover garments that are ALWAYS in my right side saddle bag. (My range bag is also in there).
    I think part of the issue here is that you haven't seen me, and you haven't seen my bike. My bike has no saddle bags. There's nowhere to put them. It doesn't even have a rear fender... It's a dirty little rat bobber. The polar opposite of a Goldwing. It's as stripped-down and spartan as I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    So, as I won't be welding up a transmission under a vehicle, I can surely drive in and out while armed.
    Listen up here, you keep missing the point...
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    I didn't really understand most of your post as it relates to this thread, but it was entertaining!
    There's no way you can miss the point unless you're ignoring everything I say and just waiting for your chance to open up your mouth and push your position again. This is why you, and most neuro-typicals, just don't get it; you've not even paying attention.

    The most predictable thign about neuto-typicals is their persistent inability to remember that I am not one of them.

    I'm not trying to insult you, but you're twice the man I am, literally. I've gotten a little pudgier since I bought the house. But to throw a shirt over my 1911, which I did today just to make a point to some of the people I talked to, is beyond obnoxious. It's sillier and more prominent than if I just leave the big green thing exposed! There obvious giant gun shape sticking out all over. A mil spec 1911 is almost as long as I am wide! There's nowhere to hide the thing, not even close. Even in a heavy winter jacket, it's still obvious gun poking out.

    As noted; I went out OCing my Big Green Goofy Thing today. The waitress at the fusion buffet, which is half my age but still likes to flirt, asked me "is that real?" to which I replied: "It's a real big hunk of rubber." She then queried "Why do you have it if it's not real?" To which I replied "Because in Floriduh it's illegal for me to carry a real gun because I'd have to expose it, and Open Carry is illegal. I have my 380 in my pocket, but it's kinda silly. I'd have better self-defence possibilities with my blade, which I can and do Open carry. Not even sure why I bother with the .380 as even that is uncomfortable to sit on and takes up a pocket."

    "Why not just throw your shirt over it?" she asked. So I did. She and a few bystanders had a good chuckle about how silly that looked. "Even if I could, why should I have to hide it? Why am I forced to stay in the closet?" A line that always raises eyebrows coming from a generally rugged looking guy, except with pink toenails wearing flip-flops... Riding a rat bobber... She had that never-thought-about-it-like-that look about her and since I had finished paying my bill at this point, I left.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    Also, for the record, I don't normally carry two 45's. That was just for the photo to demonstrate a point.
    Yeah, a photo to demonstrate... Something that just doesn't work if you do anything other than pose just so... I think I covered this already. What works for you doesn't work for everyone. We're not all Old Fat White Guys.

    I'm half as wide as you are. And I'm not wearing that vest. Even if I did, it wouldn't do any good flapping in the breeze behind me at 70mph on the Interstate. Isn't it hot enough already?

    Instead of all this BS, why not just stick it in a triangle holster and have all the same advantages of OC, but technically not be OCing?

    How is this anything other than exactly, specifically, and perfectly on topic for this thread? Pretending that it or I have gone wonky just because you don't want to hear it, keep repeating your position without even bothering to listen to mine? Are you Shannon Watts in a Man Costume?

    I'm 6'4", 210lbs and dropping... Muscle weights more than flab. I can't even prevent printing of my PT738 if I put it in my front pocket, in relaxed fit 38in waist jeans. Whens the last time you went shopping for pants that had a 3 as the first number? Even dressed up in a 3-piece suit, I can't conceal a 1911. Just barely if it's a cross-draw shoulder rig, but I gotta be paranoid about it even then.

    Could I probably find some horribly uncomfortable way to get away with it, having a huge unexplained bulge that makes it look I have a horrible 40lb tumor in a place I really don't want to look like I have a horrible 40lb tumor? Sure. I could.

    Would I give a damn that I looked like I had some horrible tumor? No.

    I'd care about the fact that it's really uncomfortable and if I move in any fashion other than just stand there for the camera, it's going to hurt.

    That being the reason so many give up on full-sized frame concealment and settle for a mouse gun.


    Get it yet? Hello?

    Why should I be forced to settle just because I'm not an Old Fat White Guy? Sure, I probably will be someday, but not today, and I'm fighting it...

    If you can't follow that, and see the context of the previous posts... Well, I'm not the one with the problem. It doesn't get any more clear than that.

    If you actually read it, instead of skip it, hit reply, and repeat your agenda... You know, actually reading things is a good way to, uh, read them... This sh!t is not complicated or difficult.

    Maybe you're having a problem relating since it's not a problem for you. Maybe you don't care because it's not your problem. Maybe that's why OC in FL is not.

    A splinter in my my mind... How do you predict a "need" for two .45s? How do you predict a "need" for 1? Do you realize the position you're taking by saying that? Bill of Needs, etc....
    Last edited by ixtow; 07-04-2015 at 01:43 AM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •