• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will a "Sneaky Pete" holster pass for concealment in Florida?

ADulay

Ixtow,

I wasn't trying to define the only way to carry, I was merely pointing out that when I need to, I can conceal my NORMALLY OPENLY CARRIED SIDEARM quite nicely.

People on these forums who know me have seen me in the motorcycle vest, the Columbia fishing shirt and when it's cold, a nice golf jacket, otherwise it is OPEN CARRY.

Yes, I would like to ditch the vest and the various cover garments that are ALWAYS in my right side saddle bag. (My range bag is also in there).

So, as I won't be welding up a transmission under a vehicle, I can surely drive in and out while armed.

I didn't really understand most of your post as it relates to this thread, but it was entertaining!

Also, for the record, I don't normally carry two 45's. That was just for the photo to demonstrate a point.

Normally it's a single 45 with a spare magazine on the other side. Day in and day out. It's just the way I am. I do wear that particular vest a lot when needed.

AD

ADulay

Being able to put a gun outside your waistband and not end up exposing or printing is the real barrier here.

Really? Toss a shirt on. Printing is not an issue.

Maybe THAT GUY rides a bike and carries 2 .45s. What kind of bike? How far?

That guy rides every day, everywhere. Rain or shine. It's what I do. MOST of my travel is open carry on the bike. I shoot a lot. BMW R1200RT.

I dare you to come up with a way that I can do it. If there were, I'd be doing it.

Do what? Carry on your bike? Not a big deal. Forget the stupid printing scare. It's just not anything to be concerned about.

I can't find a way to even sit down that isn't painful with a concealed 1911.

Seriously? You can't conceal a 1911 and sit down? What the heck am I missing here? I've got a full sized Glock 21 that is at least as large as most 1911's and it's not a problem to wear it all day, go to the club to eat lunch, hit the local Starbucks, Morgan Stanley or Mexican restaurant. It's on the belt and out of sight with the vest or shirt. Once again, not a big deal and my pants are still the same size, with or without the sidearm.

Besides, who wants to sweat all over their $1500 gun and rust it up? I dare you to stand outside not even doing anything for 5 minutes right now and not sweat.

What's the problem? I do it all day every day. Hard to believe I'm not "rusting up my $1500 gun" as you say. I go to the park with the "little one" and kick the soccer ball around or chase the Frisbee. Somehow nothing ominous has happened and my sidearm looks just fine.

I want to Open Carry because I want to be able to carry a real gun and not hurt myself with it or worry about what might happen if I let it prints or is exposed.

At least on this we agree. I still think you're way over concerned about the printing aspect though.

Even the PT738 is an annoyance to carry... It loves to pop the mag catch.

To me that just says to put that sidearm away. If it won't function for daily use, it's pointless to carry. I've traded off a lot of guns for reasons just like that.

AD

notalawyer

Ixtow,

I wasn't trying to define the only way to carry, I was merely pointing out that when I need to, I can conceal my NORMALLY OPENLY CARRIED SIDEARM quite nicely.

People on these forums who know me have seen me in the motorcycle vest, the Columbia fishing shirt and when it's cold, a nice golf jacket, otherwise it is OPEN CARRY.

Yes, I would like to ditch the vest and the various cover garments that are ALWAYS in my right side saddle bag. (My range bag is also in there).

So, as I won't be welding up a transmission under a vehicle, I can surely drive in and out while armed.

I didn't really understand most of your post as it relates to this thread, but it was entertaining!

Also, for the record, I don't normally carry two 45's. That was just for the photo to demonstrate a point.

Normally it's a single 45 with a spare magazine on the other side. Day in and day out. It's just the way I am. I do wear that particular vest a lot when needed.

AD
Pretty much par for the course with him.:uhoh:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Pretty much par for the course with him.:uhoh:
Those with weak minds are common enough to band together...

As I've recently said elsewhere, it's a form of confirmation bias.

"All the other idiots I know can't figure it out, so that makes us right."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I wasn't suggesting that you were. You're one of the few people here that manages a respectable position, and isn't afraid to have a useful conversation with me. Most people see the logic and then pretend I'm crazy when I destroy their argument.
OK? I'm not sure how this applies or is a point of contention...
I think part of the issue here is that you haven't seen me, and you haven't seen my bike. My bike has no saddle bags. There's nowhere to put them. It doesn't even have a rear fender... It's a dirty little rat bobber. The polar opposite of a Goldwing. It's as stripped-down and spartan as I am.
Listen up here, you keep missing the point...
There's no way you can miss the point unless you're ignoring everything I say and just waiting for your chance to open up your mouth and push your position again. This is why you, and most neuro-typicals, just don't get it; you've not even paying attention.

The most predictable thign about neuto-typicals is their persistent inability to remember that I am not one of them.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you're twice the man I am, literally. I've gotten a little pudgier since I bought the house. But to throw a shirt over my 1911, which I did today just to make a point to some of the people I talked to, is beyond obnoxious. It's sillier and more prominent than if I just leave the big green thing exposed! There obvious giant gun shape sticking out all over. A mil spec 1911 is almost as long as I am wide! There's nowhere to hide the thing, not even close. Even in a heavy winter jacket, it's still obvious gun poking out.

As noted; I went out OCing my Big Green Goofy Thing today. The waitress at the fusion buffet, which is half my age but still likes to flirt, asked me "is that real?" to which I replied: "It's a real big hunk of rubber." She then queried "Why do you have it if it's not real?" To which I replied "Because in Floriduh it's illegal for me to carry a real gun because I'd have to expose it, and Open Carry is illegal. I have my 380 in my pocket, but it's kinda silly. I'd have better self-defence possibilities with my blade, which I can and do Open carry. Not even sure why I bother with the .380 as even that is uncomfortable to sit on and takes up a pocket."

"Why not just throw your shirt over it?" she asked. So I did. She and a few bystanders had a good chuckle about how silly that looked. "Even if I could, why should I have to hide it? Why am I forced to stay in the closet?" A line that always raises eyebrows coming from a generally rugged looking guy, except with pink toenails wearing flip-flops... Riding a rat bobber... She had that never-thought-about-it-like-that look about her and since I had finished paying my bill at this point, I left.
Yeah, a photo to demonstrate... Something that just doesn't work if you do anything other than pose just so... I think I covered this already. What works for you doesn't work for everyone. We're not all Old Fat White Guys.

I'm half as wide as you are. And I'm not wearing that vest. Even if I did, it wouldn't do any good flapping in the breeze behind me at 70mph on the Interstate. Isn't it hot enough already?

Instead of all this BS, why not just stick it in a triangle holster and have all the same advantages of OC, but technically not be OCing?

How is this anything other than exactly, specifically, and perfectly on topic for this thread? Pretending that it or I have gone wonky just because you don't want to hear it, keep repeating your position without even bothering to listen to mine? Are you Shannon Watts in a Man Costume?

I'm 6'4", 210lbs and dropping... Muscle weights more than flab. I can't even prevent printing of my PT738 if I put it in my front pocket, in relaxed fit 38in waist jeans. Whens the last time you went shopping for pants that had a 3 as the first number? Even dressed up in a 3-piece suit, I can't conceal a 1911. Just barely if it's a cross-draw shoulder rig, but I gotta be paranoid about it even then.

Could I probably find some horribly uncomfortable way to get away with it, having a huge unexplained bulge that makes it look I have a horrible 40lb tumor in a place I really don't want to look like I have a horrible 40lb tumor? Sure. I could.

Would I give a damn that I looked like I had some horrible tumor? No.

I'd care about the fact that it's really uncomfortable and if I move in any fashion other than just stand there for the camera, it's going to hurt.

That being the reason so many give up on full-sized frame concealment and settle for a mouse gun.

Get it yet? Hello?

Why should I be forced to settle just because I'm not an Old Fat White Guy? Sure, I probably will be someday, but not today, and I'm fighting it...

If you can't follow that, and see the context of the previous posts... Well, I'm not the one with the problem. It doesn't get any more clear than that.

If you actually read it, instead of skip it, hit reply, and repeat your agenda... You know, actually reading things is a good way to, uh, read them... This sh!t is not complicated or difficult.

Maybe you're having a problem relating since it's not a problem for you. Maybe you don't care because it's not your problem. Maybe that's why OC in FL is not.

A splinter in my my mind... How do you predict a "need" for two .45s? How do you predict a "need" for 1? Do you realize the position you're taking by saying that? Bill of Needs, etc....

Last edited:

Brian D.

Ahem, maybe now we can get back to the earlier part of the thread before the animus got started?

Bought a Glock .380 from an individual who was nice enough to throw in a Sneaky Pete holster for the gun. Worked with it a bit and decided that a rig like that just isn't for me. So I took out the interior frame molding that was meant to keep the Glock facing muzzle down.

Now the Sneaky Pete makes a dandy cigar case!

WalkingWolf

At 5'10" and 160# I concealed a 1911 off duty in my 20's, most times with a loose t-shirt over a IWB holster. A 1911 is one of the easiest fullsize handguns to conceal.

ADulay

Get it yet? Hello?

Actually I don't "get it" but then the discussion has moved way off topic so I'll once again attempt to gracefuly exit.

Can I just assume that you won't be riding your bike over to Tampa for the July 11th Open Carry event? I'll be there and perhaps you can explain to me how your frame just won't handle a shirt.

Of course I'll be OC on the bike, like it should be! It's only 120 miles or so each way for me, so it'll be a nice ride up and back to support the open carry cause.

Your mileage may vary.

AD

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Actually I don't "get it" but then the discussion has moved way off topic so I'll once again attempt to gracefuly exit.
If there's simply no way to get through, there's no reason to keep harping on it.
Can I just assume that you won't be riding your over to Tampa for the July 11th Open Carry event?
That is a really long damn ride for me, especially on a bike that is not made for comfortable touring. Also, didn't know there was a meet. Nothing mentioned here about it.

Over 200 miles one-way on a bike that makes me stop and take a break after just 50 miles... At LEAST a 4.5 hour trip. Not to mention, the tank won't get me there, so I'd be forced to test the "stop and buy gas" potential of OCing under the "directly" presumption. Since I don't pay at the pump, that includes going inside to pay with cash...

How many times have you tested that one while 220 miles away from home? Or at all?

Besides, I know "my kind" isn't welcome there any more than anywhere else. Decent, thinking, non-animalistic, non-neuro-typicals don't have a place in this society. That's why it's going to sh!t. I accepted that a long time ago.
I'll be there and perhaps you can explain to me how your frame just won't handle a shirt.
Way to frame it in a false context, again. I'll presume you're not being a dick and honestly just can't wrap your head around it.

No worries, few so-called "normal people" can relate to me, and vice-versa. I'm not one of them.
Of course I'll be OC on the bike, like it should be! It's only 120 miles or so each way for me, so it'll be a nice ride up and back to support the open carry cause.
Another thing that works out for you, but not for me. Enjoy!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I think you just want to argue, anything can be concealed using the proper method. Even a dessert eagle.

Not at all. If you actually read it, I said just a few posts ago that I can conceal a Desert Eagle. But about all I can do is stand there and look pretty when I do it... That's part of the method... Being a do-nothing.

If it's IWB, it's not happening. The indolent/sedentary might get by with it, but I'm not one of them. Their theories, ideas, and suggests don't work for me. Already tried it.

I am leaning on the possibility of a modified shoulder/armpit thingy with a gay vest... If it serves a use, I might be able to tolerate it...

Still, the simplest, most convenient option is to just OC in my Serpa like I do in GA...

The next best thing to OC is a Pizza Slice Transporter with a handline stuck to the side of it... I just wonder if that would be considered a new form of printing...

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Not at all. If you actually read it, I said just a few posts ago that I can conceal a Desert Eagle. But about all I can do is stand there and look pretty when I do it... That's part of the method... Being a do-nothing.

If it's IWB, it's not happening. The indolent/sedentary might get by with it, but I'm not one of them. Their theories, ideas, and suggests don't work for me. Already tried it.

I am leaning on the possibility of a modified shoulder/armpit thingy with a gay vest... If it serves a use, I might be able to tolerate it...

Still, the simplest, most convenient option is to just OC in my Serpa like I do in GA...

The next best thing to OC is a Pizza Slice Transporter with a handline stuck to the side of it... I just wonder if that would be considered a new form of printing...

To put it simply it is just a matter of your desire, if you wish to conceal, and do it without printing, it can be done. No matter what your frame size is, if you can't it is because you don't want to, or want to argue.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
To put it simply it is just a matter of your desire, if you wish to conceal, and do it without printing, it can be done. No matter what your frame size is, if you can't it is because you don't want to, or want to argue.

The compromise being, I'd have to cease being a useful, functional human being. If I'm willing to take that route, then, yes, I can conceal the 1911 or the Desert Eagle.

But that's a compromise I'm not willing to make. Nor a compromise I should be forced to make.

You just can't get it through your head, can you?

As long as you present fraud and lies, I will be here to counter it. If that means "I just want to argue" then it also means "you just want to lie."

Do you not even realize that this is the whole point of the Sneaky Pete holster? I'm accused of going off-topic when I'm the only one staying on it...

This is why Floriduh will never have Open Carry. This is such a simple conversation and you can't figure it out...

I have a desire to carry a 1911 while ALSO having a desire to not suffer for it and not be useless to get there... So you repeatedly assert the lie that it isn't a compromise and I'm just making it all up.

"The solution is to pretend it isn't real and ignore the question! Quick, everyone be a total dick to this guy for no reason other than we're a bunch of dicks and thats just what we do!"

This is why I live way out in the woods and don't talk to people; a primary, if not the primary, component of being a self-appointed normal person, is being unforgivably, morbidly stupid and arrogant.

And all of it manufactured to avoid the simple and obvious query; Is a triangular Sneaky Pete-type holster any more or less legal than a rectangular one?

The silly mind games you gang-up and play to avoid it, and you say I'm the nutcase?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRnQYS0S5c

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I know this may be a rather odd question, but I live in Ohio and normally don't conceal, but I'll be visiting Florida in a few weeks. Question is, will a holster like the "Sneaky Pete", which completely covers/encases the firearm, pass as legally concealing in your state, (Florida)?

Well now that we got that out of the way we can return to the topic of the thread, about a "Sneaky Pete" holster, which looks like a rectangle phone case. Still looking for those triangle smart phones, my google must be weak.

rightwinglibertarian

I am visiting family right now in southern Kalifornia and the sneaky pete holster works well here, no problems so far. Its a very nice product, and makes concealment easy peasy.

You do realise though if the police somehow work out what it is via an illegal search, people may well be going to your funeral. Not that I wouldnt do just exactly the same thing if not OC. But it's very risky unless you have a group too big to be harassed with you