• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Abilene tacticool OC response

HPmatt

Slow day in Abilene for cops. Couldn't tell if it was a church parking lot, but c/s's called the cops instead of asking them to stay off their property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Jesus, is this what we are to expect come January 1st?
Less likely than you will see rain and flooding in Dallas......oh oh, never mind.

It is an educational process. Normally not that threatening though.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Less likely than you will see rain and flooding in Dallas......oh oh, never mind.

It is an educational process. Normally not that threatening though.

This is all I have to say about that:

lyAWKur.jpg

solus

texas LGOC non event...yet again!!

ipse

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
This is all I have to say about that:

lyAWKur.jpg
That looks like a really excellent camera for OCing - especially the ability to password lock it from having files deleted.

I wonder if a member of the public could purchase it?

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
That looks like a really excellent camera for OCing - especially the ability to password lock it from having files deleted.

They will sell to anyone. Mine is finally shipping this month after placing an order a while back. They are incredibly backlogged, I think by about 2 months or so. It'll run you about $300 though so they aren't cheap, but the peace of mind is worth it to me. It will run a constant buffer of up to 30 minutes so you can hit the button and it will save the previous 30 minutes or however long you want and then continue recording.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

They will sell to anyone. Mine is finally shipping this month after placing an order a while back. They are incredibly backlogged, I think by about 2 months or so. It'll run you about $300 though so they aren't cheap, but the peace of mind is worth it to me. It will run a constant buffer of up to 30 minutes so you can hit the button and it will save the previous 30 minutes or however long you want and then continue recording.

Yes, but is it crush proof under the iron heel of suppression?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/06/201162114131825860.html

eyeguy

OT so I am not starting a thread, but another example of "the violence inherent in the system." (points to you if you recognize that Monty Python quote.)
The officer goes from tolerant to ballistic in less than 5 minutes.

Addison (TX) PD last Saturday morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBgkAmJUn0

To be fair, even though Texas is a presumed speed limit state, the officer still lawfully detained him for driving over the posted limit. The gentleman could fight the ticket in court by arguing time of day as well as traffic and weather conditions, but the cop still had every right to pull him over.

Back on topic, I've had the opportunity to speak with a number of officers in the Plano/Richardson/Carrollton area and all were very nonchalant about the idea of open carry. There will almost certainly be some growing pains next year, but the onus is on those of us who will open carry to behave in a polite and civil manner to both reassure those around us that the only difference between 1995-2015 and 2016 is that they can now see the gun we were already carrying and to create a positive defense against any untoward or uninformed action by local LEO's.

Prudence will always be the name of the game when dealing with firearms. Paul probably said it best: "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." Keep your attitude and your ego in check and let others lose their cool if they wish.

JDW1911

Great response! I've more than once applied the whit and wisdom of the Apostle Paul and
To be fair, even though Texas is a presumed speed limit state, the it fficer still lawfully detained him for driving over the posted limit. The gentleman could fight the ticket in court by arguing time of day as well as traffic and weather conditions, but the cop still had every right to pull him over.

Back on topic, I've had the opportunity to speak with a number of officers in the Plano/Richardson/Carrollton area and all were very nonchalant about the idea of open carry. There will almost certainly be some growing pains next year, but the onus is on those of us who will open carry to behave in a polite and civil manner to both reassure those around us that the only difference between 1995-2015 and 2016 is that they can now see the gun we were already carrying and to create a positive defense against any untoward or uninformed action by local LEO's.

Prudence will always be the name of the game when dealing with firearms. Paul probably said it best: "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." Keep your attitude and your ego in check and let others lose their cool if they wish.

Great response! I've more than once applied the whit and wisdom of the Apostle Paul and it very appropriate in this situation.