Thread: North Carolina Lodging

North Carolina Lodging

This isn't exactly an open carry question, but does cover legalities that would also apply to open-carriers:

What does North Carolina law say about an inn-keeper's right to ban firearms on their property? I couldn't find anything in my search of the NCDOJ website. Since North Carolina's "no guns" signs carry the force of law, if a hotel posted a no-gun sign, then you would be in violation of the law unless the law granted an exception to an individual paying for their housing, specifically, if it is temporary housing. Most states with righteous and common-sense gun laws AND a no-gun sign provision explain how hotels are to be treated. I am flying to NC this weekend and don't want any surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by kdurbin82 View Post
    This isn't exactly an open carry question, but does cover legalities that would also apply to open-carriers:

What does North Carolina law say about an inn-keeper's right to ban firearms on their property? I couldn't find anything in my search of the NCDOJ website. Since North Carolina's "no guns" signs carry the force of law, if a hotel posted a no-gun sign, then you would be in violation of the law unless the law granted an exception to an individual paying for their housing, specifically, if it is temporary housing. Most states with righteous and common-sense gun laws AND a no-gun sign provision explain how hotels are to be treated. I am flying to NC this weekend and don't want any surprises.
    Welcome to OC.org. I would carry if there were no signs. I have OCed in and out of a hotel before without an issue.

OP, OC is a common practice across the state...and you shouldn't have any problems entering or leaving...just be nice if some get anxious...

just ensure you follow air transportation guidance carrying your firearm...

enjoy your visit to the tarheel state...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I've OCed in several hotels in NC, mostly in the Charlotte area with no problems.

Though I did have a to think for a minute recently as the hotel I was in had a bar in the lobby. Seeing as how I do not have a CHL, it would technically be illegal for me to carry there. I assumed that the side of the lobby that the bar was in was considered the establishment and just used the backdoor when carrying to avoid that area. Not a word was said.