Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carriers from the LGBT community to attend PrideFest 2015

Open Carriers from the LGBT community to attend PrideFest 2015

Seattle, WA - During Seattle Pridefest, 2015, a new group is sure to be a hit. Members from the LGBT community plan to attend this year's event while legally and peacefully open carrying firearms. The event is said to be the idea of local LGBT and 2nd Amendment advocate Dillon White (AKA: Sparkles) The plan is reported to raise awareness to the general public that the LGBT population has just as much access to the 2nd Amendment and natural rights for self defense as anyone else.
    Information on the event plans can be found on Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/738639592924770/

Media is already running with the story: http://seattlegayscene.com/2015/06/g...e+Gay+Scene%29

Rogue Reflections

If I am not working, I would love to go. I always wanted to go to a pride rally, I have heard they are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    If I am not working, I would love to go. I always wanted to go to a pride rally, I have heard they are fun.
    If you never have attended, I think it would be a fun idea. I have always had a blast.

State Researcher
    Homosexuals, other sexual minorities, women, the disabled, and racial minorities can lend a powerful voice in support of RKBA. These minorities tend to be much harder to dismiss than rich, old, white guys.

"Armed gays don't get bashed" is a very powerful statement to make and difficult for even the most liberal of legislators to counter.

The RKBA community would be well served to encourage the various minority individuals within our ranks to take a more prominent role in speaking out.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

BTW: Sunday June 28th 11 am. International Fountain, Seattle.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I have attended, OC, in the past many times without any conflict or issues at all.
    Here is a pic from the 2011 Pride Parade with SPD in the background.

Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I have attended, OC, in the past many times without any conflict or issues at all.
    Here is a pic from the 2011 Pride Parade with SPD in the background.
    AKA: Cupcake, iirc, yes?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Will be our 3rd year having a booth at the Bellingham Pride. It is a blast!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

This is excellent news. I've sometimes remarked on how similar the struggles for sexual and gun rights are, even beyond the simple fact that both categories of rights are identically rooted in the inherent right to liberty. Proponents of both are called aberrant, dangerous, and unfit to be around children. Opponents of both seek to deny liberty through bigotry and violence, borne of ignorance and irrational fear. While some might argue that sexual rights are more existential than gun rights, ultimately both underpin the identity and security of the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Will be our 3rd year having a booth at the Bellingham Pride. It is a blast!
    This year the guy that runs the Bellingham Pride thing will be wearing a "Washington Open Carry" t-shirt. We always do well at the Pride fest. Talk about a "target" community.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Homosexuals, other sexual minorities, women, the disabled, and racial minorities can lend a powerful voice in support of RKBA. These minorities tend to be much harder to dismiss than rich, old, white guys.

"Armed gays don't get bashed" is a very powerful statement to make and difficult for even the most liberal of legislators to counter.

The RKBA community would be well served to encourage the various minority individuals within our ranks to take a more prominent role in speaking out.

Charles
    Agreed. They have had success getting access to rights NOT enumerated in COTUS. We have been unable to gain full access to our God given and COTUS acknowledged 2A rights in places like MD where I live. They could teach us a thing or two about effective advocacy.

This acknowledgment is coming from me a right wing Christian conservative. [emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    ummm.... what about this?:

http://seattlegayscene.com/2015/06/g...e+Gay+Scene%29

Update at 9:51am: Egan Orion, president of PrideFest issued this statement:
    Seattle PrideFest is a big proponent of individual freedoms, but we can’t support an open-carry gun rally on the busiest day in Downtown Seattle and the Seattle Center throughout the entire year, where a collision of people, alcohol, and religious protesters bring excitement and tension to our City streets. With the expected Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, this will likely be a busier year than most, and will bring out more protesters. Adding an open carry rally to this incendiary mix is irresponsible and detracts from the LGBTQ focus of the day’s events. We are reviewing the matter with Seattle Center and our board of directors, but since we’ve rented the Center for our exclusive use that day (on behalf of the community), know that anybody who open carries at the event will be peacefully asked to leave the festival grounds.
    They can peacefully ask me to leave. I am no stranger to being asked to leave a public event. Just as much as they have the right to ask, I have the right - and duty - to stay and enjoy my day like everyone else. I won't be leaving but I may get a fun new video.

Violent outburst at Pridefest, Seattle

Attached is a video I took at my first Pridefest in Seattle. As you will see, the only "provocateurs" of violence came from unarmed jackasses who were NOT carrying guns. These organizers who have issues with their irrational fear of guns are neglecting the FACTS regarding the event. They have nothing to worry about with peaceful open carriers. I was open carrying while taking this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utyiN7g0TkE

This Sequim caselaw is a problem. We need to get it fixed somehow. Maybe get a bill passed through the legislature that says people renting public spaces cannot create rules to discriminate against others or violate state law and couch it in very generic terms so people won't realize it will also cover preemption and guns.

Also, how does one rent public land that has no fences/walls/turnstyles and no visible way to stop the public from walking onto it?
    Last edited by Alpine; 06-05-2015 at 03:30 PM.

edit: double post. please delete.
    Last edited by Alpine; 06-05-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Official "rules" of Seattle Space Center, does anyone see the problem?

Official rules of the Space Center, from their own website: http://www.seattlecenter.com/about/rules.aspx

Here we are ready to support them, but they want to exclude us? Disappointing.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

HAHA! Sounds like a good time to me

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by RogueReflections View Post
    Official rules of the Space Center, from their own website: http://www.seattlecenter.com/about/rules.aspx
    They cant ban guns from HempFest at the center,,, see Chan V. Seattle..
    They wont be able to ban guns at GayPride either!

Be polite, Be respectful, Carry Legally in accordance with 9.41...

If they are worried about A$$ HOLES causing trouble at the Center,,,, WELL,,,,
    They CAN BAN A$$ HOLES!!!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 06-05-2015 at 08:08 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

From the rules:
    Weapons

It is Prohibited to:
    Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sand-club, metal knuckles, switchblade knife, chako sticks, or throwing stars.
    Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.
    Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    From the rules:
    Beat me to it.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

LOL CCW is now closet carry. All you CCW'ers, come out, be your honest self.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

What a difference between the groups

Or should I use the word disparity. Washington Open Carry Whatcom County is registered for the B'Ham Pride15 gathering. We will have a booth/tent for our third year. Bham Pride organizers are very pro 2A and not only welcomed us, but asked to wear one of OUR T-shirts.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    closet carry
    I like that. I'm going to start referring to CC as "closet carry". That's fantastic.

Does "closet carry", then, count as "tactical denial"?

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Or should I use the word disparity. Washington Open Carry Whatcom County is registered for the B'Ham Pride15 gathering. We will have a booth/tent for our third year. Bham Pride organizers are very pro 2A and not only welcomed us, but asked to wear one of OUR T-shirts.
    When is the Bellingham Pride rally?

Edit: Nevermind, I look it up, I might be able to go as this doesn't fall on a weekend.
    Last edited by Seriona; 06-06-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast