Thread: Celebrate Fairfax 2015

Celebrate Fairfax 2015

Anyone going? I was there last night and am going again today. I was hoping to see some "Guns saves lives" stickers walking around last night but i didn't

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Guns save lives in Fairfax - really.

Don't see any restriction on Ocing - is held on county owned property and apparently run by the county.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Don't see any restriction on Ocing - is held on county owned property and apparently run by the county.
    Oh I know lol. I was just wondering if anyone was going to be there.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

OC is absolutely fine, Grapeshot. I've OC'd there several times. Sometimes, just because, I've stopped and spent a lot of time asking questions about whatever project or vendor is set up on either side of the MMM booth.

I've also been approached by other gun owners while there. Most have told me they prefer to conceal, and that's fine with me (though I wonder why they bother to tell a complete stranger they're carrying ...) I OC'd throughout the Charlie Daniels Band concert a few years ago!

All that said, I didn't realize it was this weekend. Not going to be able to attend, unfortunately.

The first time I went, I was concerned that they'd use school buses to transport attendees from the mall parking lot to the festival grounds, but they didn't.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    OC is absolutely fine, Grapeshot. I've OC'd there several times. Sometimes, just because, I've stopped and spent a lot of time asking questions about whatever project or vendor is set up on either side of the MMM booth.

I've also been approached by other gun owners while there. Most have told me they prefer to conceal, and that's fine with me (though I wonder why they bother to tell a complete stranger they're carrying ...) I OC'd throughout the Charlie Daniels Band concert a few years ago!

All that said, I didn't realize it was this weekend. Not going to be able to attend, unfortunately.

The first time I went, I was concerned that they'd use school buses to transport attendees from the mall parking lot to the festival grounds, but they didn't.
    Such use of school bus should not IMO be a violation of 18.2-308.1, though I recognize the problem.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Have no plans to attend this yr but have been several times before, never an issue regarding my OC'd firearm.
    Saw many folks that I know OC but they all choose to CC for this event.
    County/transit buses are used to transport folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I've also been approached by other gun owners while there. Most have told me they prefer to conceal, and that's fine with me (though I wonder why they bother to tell a complete stranger they're carrying ...)
    I get lots of folks that like to play show and tell lately.
    Last edited by Marco; 06-07-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin