• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebrate Fairfax 2015

supranite90

Anyone going? I was there last night and am going again today. I was hoping to see some "Guns saves lives" stickers walking around last night but i didn't :(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Guns save lives in Fairfax - really. :p

Don't see any restriction on Ocing - is held on county owned property and apparently run by the county.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Guns save lives in Fairfax - really. :p

Don't see any restriction on Ocing - is held on county owned property and apparently run by the county.

OC is absolutely fine, Grapeshot. I've OC'd there several times. Sometimes, just because, I've stopped and spent a lot of time asking questions about whatever project or vendor is set up on either side of the MMM booth.

I've also been approached by other gun owners while there. Most have told me they prefer to conceal, and that's fine with me (though I wonder why they bother to tell a complete stranger they're carrying ...) I OC'd throughout the Charlie Daniels Band concert a few years ago!

All that said, I didn't realize it was this weekend. Not going to be able to attend, unfortunately.

The first time I went, I was concerned that they'd use school buses to transport attendees from the mall parking lot to the festival grounds, but they didn't.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC is absolutely fine, Grapeshot. I've OC'd there several times. Sometimes, just because, I've stopped and spent a lot of time asking questions about whatever project or vendor is set up on either side of the MMM booth.

I've also been approached by other gun owners while there. Most have told me they prefer to conceal, and that's fine with me (though I wonder why they bother to tell a complete stranger they're carrying ...) I OC'd throughout the Charlie Daniels Band concert a few years ago!

All that said, I didn't realize it was this weekend. Not going to be able to attend, unfortunately.

The first time I went, I was concerned that they'd use school buses to transport attendees from the mall parking lot to the festival grounds, but they didn't.

Such use of school bus should not IMO be a violation of § 18.2-308.1, though I recognize the problem. :(

Marco

Have no plans to attend this yr but have been several times before, never an issue regarding my OC'd firearm.
Saw many folks that I know OC but they all choose to CC for this event.
County/transit buses are used to transport folks.

I've also been approached by other gun owners while there. Most have told me they prefer to conceal, and that's fine with me (though I wonder why they bother to tell a complete stranger they're carrying ...)

I get lots of folks that like to play show and tell lately.

Last edited: