Thread: Garden Valley School District buys guns, "We wanted to be prepared."

Garden Valley School District buys guns, "We wanted to be prepared."

"A tiny school district in Idaho far removed from law enforcement has purchased firearms and trained a handful of staff to use them should the same school shooting rampage that has occurred across the country take place.

It takes at least 45 minutes for officers to reach the Garden Valley School District — a district made up of less than 300 students all taught under the same building — where limited funds have prevented the school from being able to afford hiring police officers to patrol the building during school hours. Police often request schools to help offset the costs of being stationed at a school if grants are not available."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nhance-safety/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Awesome.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Antis can say stupid things

Even with training, it’s no guarantee teachers and staff will prevent fatalities in a high-stakes situation, said Allison Anderman, a staff attorney with Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a nonprofit opposed to arming teachers.
    What is guaranteed is that w/o the means to meet deadly force with deadly force, the teachers and their charges would be fish in a barrel.

She added that housing guns in schools could create a chilling effect for students who may be less inclined to speak out knowing that the teacher could be armed.
    Really? How many teachers have shot students for speaking out? Seriously, how many?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nhance-safety/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I have 4 girls. My oldest is heading to college in the fall. My other 3 range in age from 9 y/o to 15 y/o. I am strongly in favor of arming teachers. My kids/our kids deserve this. i applaud any school district that recognizes the stupidity of gun free zones and takes the appropriate steps to protect our young.

It is unlikely that particularly rural Idaho school-children are intimidated by the presence of guns. It is more likely that B/LCPGV attorneys project their prejudices onto the whole world.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.