Thread: Yet another another reason it sucks to be in NY

Yet another another reason it sucks to be in NY

Hard to do Bitcoin trading when you can't carry a weapon to defend yourself if needed.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102737187

Of course the crooks had a gun.

The 28-year-old victim told police he went to a street corner there to meet a man who had answered his Craigslist.com ad offering bitcoins for sale, police said.
    There's his problem right there. I know I should not be but I am amazed at the sheer numbers of people who advertise, or respond to ads, on CL and do not arrange the transaction in the most open, public place they can find, and arrive accompanied by at least one person serving as overwatch.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There's his problem right there. I know I should not be but I am amazed at the sheer numbers of people who advertise, or respond to ads, on CL and do not arrange the transaction in the most open, public place they can find, and arrive accompanied by at least one person serving as overwatch.

stay safe.
    Yeah, that's the real problem... Because unarmed precautions always trump armed bad guys... Stay safe.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

None of the robbery victims sound particularly smart about personal safety. But I guess most of us here have more awareness and concern on that front than the general population.

But yeah, I'll put that on the (very long) list of things that I think suck about NYC.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

They don't need to be concerned about personal safety. They have strict gun control laws, and the state to protect them.

Of course the above is sarcasm.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump