• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of Firearms, Things to Consider

FreeInAZ

Thanks for posting this poorly constructed piece of conjecture. Thankfully not many comments & some are made by rational people with the ability to think critically.

kinggabby

Comments are just as stupid as the so call article. It still amazes me how people keep spewing the same crap from their mouths. And sad that people listen to them without researching it for themselves.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
High hopes of something new have been cruelly crushed.

I say we start a drinking game - every time you read one of the tried-and-not-true "reasons" to not open carry you have to take a drink. That way by the end of the first paragraph you should be sufficiently anesthetized to not need to apply duct tape.

sstay safe.

utbagpiper

Banned
The only positive thing to be said for this article is that it was mercifully brief.

What is truly tragic is to see anyone who generally supports RKBA engaging in so much the same rhetoric as used by gun grabbers.

How many times have we heard (in legislative hearings, during media interviews, etc) that allowing regular citizens to carry concealed guns in public will lead to shoot outs over parking places or other minor disagreements, increase road rage, and otherwise result in the end of civilization as we know it? I've heard and read these asinine claims more times than I care to count. Always without any serious statistical evidence, never with any object cost-benefit analysis, often with overly-wrought emotions about what could happen.

Why do we continue to see folks who claim to be pro-RKBA doing likewise when it comes to the imagined and supposed horrors of OC (urban environment or not)?

Ten or fifteen years ago when we were winning our battle on State preemption against government run colleges, the gun grabbers were very much opposed to CC. They said anyone who wanted to carry a gun should carry it visibly so everyone would know who had a gun. They were clearly hoping that social scorn (and maybe other forces) would work to keep anyone from carrying. These days, they are very much opposed to OC as it has become clear that OCers are not deterred by a little social disapproval from rabid gun haters. So the gun grabbers want to make carry as inconvenient as possible and demand a gun never be seen lest it interfere with the free exchange of ideas on campus.

We continue to make progress and to laugh at the antics of the hoplophobes.

Charles

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Article was poorly written, unfounded premise, and the comments were made by some very afraid people.

OC is the stupidest thing you can do???? Please read it and make a counter comment.

Trakanon

The whole "you're making yourself a target" argument falls flat to me. I tend to think that if a would-be criminal sees an armed citizen at the quick-e-mart they are about to rob, they will probably go somewhere else. I also tend to not worry about said would-be criminal having an advantage by knowing I'm armed. I'm alert and frosty, so I'm probably already aware of him. Chances are I'm using superior equipment and am faster and more accurate than he is.

HPmatt

How many active OCDOers? 3,000? How many have been targeted while OCing? So far have seen posts of Zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC Freedom

How many active OCDOers? 3,000? How many have been targeted while OCing? So far have seen posts of Zero.

The only targeting of OCer's I have seen postings of are the ones on Youtube and it usually involves LEO'S.

cjohnson44546

I don't open carry that often… but one time I was targeted last year… the guy gave me a few long looks, and then he came right up at me and asked if my gun was a Rhino, and we had a small discussion about them and some other guns…

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I don't open carry that often… but one time I was targeted last year… the guy gave me a few long looks, and then he came right up at me and asked if my gun was a Rhino, and we had a small discussion about them and some other guns…

??????????????? Targeted? Targeted for information, not attack. (Hopefully your comment was sarcasm).

Wild Dog

Banned
It's a disastrous mistake??? Does this mental midget of a writer know how many crimes I've stopped, how many lives I've saved, how much hope I've inspired, just by carrying my guns out in the open? What a d-bag tool.:mad::mad::mad:

cjohnson44546

It's a disastrous mistake??? Does this mental midget of a writer know how many crimes I've stopped, how many lives I've saved, how much hope I've inspired, just by carrying my guns out in the open? What a d-bag tool.:mad::mad::mad:

Every time you open carry… liberals kill a bunch of babies…

Sounds like a joke, but sadly its true… though some are so evil, they'll kill the babies anyways.

Last edited:

OC Freedom

The only mistake us open carriers can make that I would consider a disaster is; does my holster clash with my belt choice? Will my Glock clash with my red polo and tan cargo shorts? The mother of all disasters, does my chrome plated 1911 make my @ss look fat in my levis jeans?

These are the real problems we deal with every morning as open carriers, and society has yet to acknowledge these real social issues that negatively impact us and our families. All we can do is deal with this one day at a time and hope someday we can beat our tacky fashion choices.;)

F350

The only mistake us open carriers can make that I would consider a disaster is; does my holster clash with my belt choice? Will my Glock clash with my red polo and tan cargo shorts? The mother of all disasters, does my chrome plated 1911 make my @ss look fat in my levis jeans?

These are the real problems we deal with every morning as open carriers, and society has yet to acknowledge these real social issues that negatively impact us and our families. All we can do is deal with this one day at a time and hope someday we can beat our tacky fashion choices.;)

To heck withe the Levis; does it clash with your purse :lol: