Thread: Another christie pardon

Another christie pardon

From Fox News: Governor Christie pardons a security guard aspiring to be a cop. He worked as an armed guard for Loomis and was on the way for work and was stopped for driving slow! Give me a break! His 9m handgun was found in his glove compartment. Viola off to prison he goes. Wow! I am flabbergasted that no one has started a movement to force the state to comply to the Federal constitution. You are dual citizens, are you not? I did read that a while back a federal judge arm twisted the state of Illinois, another one of those states to create a CC law within a certain time frame and if not he would do it. Chicago gun sales bans have been reversed also.
    Look at Texas they have a movement to OC and they are getting their way.
    We are so free to OC/CC in Wisconsin despite it being a bastion of liberalism.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...cmp=latestnews
    Last edited by Law abider; 06-09-2015 at 06:22 PM.

I am wondering if governor Christie is doing this because he is running/may run for president and thus wants the backing of the NRA etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    I am wondering if governor Christie is doing this because he is running/may run for president and thus wants the backing of the NRA etc...
    If the NRA backs that Rhino, I will not be a member anymore. The NRA has been skating on thin ice as it is for me, not supportive of OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    The answer lies in what he's done for the poor saps who didn't make the news, or didn't have any "permission slips" instead of just the wrong one at the wrong time.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-17-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The answer lies in what he's done for the poor saps who didn't make the news, or didn't have any "permission slips" instead of just the wrong one at the wrong time.
    +1

He is the governor. He might actually use that position to make some improvements (however modest) in the draconian and unconstitutional gun laws of his State. I'm sure he could persuade the legislature to loosen up on the worst of the laws and take a tiny step in the right direction. It isn't like he'd be breaking new trail here. Forty-plus other States have all walked this road to varying degrees over the past 30 years.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.