Thread: Westcliffe open carry parade?

Westcliffe open carry parade?

Does anyone know if there's going to be an open carry parade in Westcliffe July 4 this year? (Admittedly it emphasizes long gun even though it welcomes handguns, so it may be off-topic here.)

At least one link that I find when I attempt google-fu is to a flyer from a couple of years ago that didn't include the year, so it doesn't reassure me.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Does anyone know if there's going to be an open carry parade in Westcliffe July 4 this year? (Admittedly it emphasizes long gun even though it welcomes handguns, so it may be off-topic here.)

At least one link that I find when I attempt google-fu is to a flyer from a couple of years ago that didn't include the year, so it doesn't reassure me.
    I finally called the parade sponsor. since I couldn't reach the people who organized the march as part of the parade. Apparently the open carry march is in fact a part of the parade, it's just that for some reason the Southern Colorado Patriots have not advertised it this year. Apparently they're having trouble posting stuff on their own site or something.

If you're reading this and think it's be fun, assembly starts at 9AM in Westcliffe, open carry of any type of firearm is encouraged.