• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No weapons signs in Paducah park.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Ordinance approved amending Chapter 126-72 Homeless Shelters of the Paducah Code of Ordinances to comply with State law (KRS 65.870). The amendment replaces the sentence Weapons are not permitted on the premises with the sentence Federal and State gun control laws shall be strictly enforced on the premises.
Who gets the comedian of the year award for thinking up this doozy? And who is going to write up the 46 page manual explaining to the cops what Federal and State gun control laws shall be strictly enforced on the premises actually means?

Your taxes at work......

Good job gutshot!!!

CharleyCherokee

No, this isn't really good. Good would have been doing the right thing when they were told about it instead of having to be threatened with possible legal action. I'm curious what you said to convince them to change these things because I brought it to their attention, emailed, wrote letters, and talked to them at meetings. The only recourse I saw left was to get an attorney to talk to them which is what I was planning next. I'm glad that getting you to talk to them did the trick but at the same time I'm pissed that they would just ignore me as if I'm some pissant that is just there to pay the taxes they levy.