• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

web forums threatened by new Obama regulation

WalkingWolf

Walking Wolf -

Please check the link I posted at Post #2. If you do not want to scroll back to it, here it is: http://www.pagunblog.com/2015/06/08/public-comment-period-for-itar-gun-owner-silencing-rule/

Again:

Do you see the word I bolded? It's not the same old same-old. State would not be soliciting comments on something that has existed for the past 4 years.

Yes, the NRA and others may be a bit hysterical in order to convince you to donate money that cannot be earmarked for battling this specific issue. But the general gist of what they are saying is what the proposed rule will end up doing.

stay safe.
The lawsuit was filed last month by SAF, if they were going to implement the "proposed" new, old rule, they would not bother soliciting comments. Much the same on the ban on 5.56 ammo that did not happen. If you think they take comments, polls, petitions, I have a bridge to sell you. IMO I believe they are trying to fear monger because of the lawsuit, and then the NRA comes along to assist in scaring people from posting. If there are new rules Obama did not write them, he wrote them in 2011. IIRC NRA made note that the rules were in place for years.

And I will repeat, the government always had the power to make arrests based on ITAR, as they have made them, but not for internet speech. And remember, and especially you should remember Obama can only issue EO, or rules for laws already on the books. Has the republican house approved such rules in the last year?

"Will direct a review of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to reevaluate restrictions imposed on American companies, with a special focus on space hardware that is currently restricted from commercial export. He will also direct revisions to the licensing process to ensure that American suppliers are competitive in the international aerospace markets, without jeopardizing American national security."

President Barrack Obama

This was a campaign promise, and that is the actual focus of what he is doing. I don't like Obama, but this carp is not helping, and making us look like lunatics.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Have you actually compared the proposed ITAR against the current ITAR?

If there are proposed changes they ought, by logic [I know, not a surety when dealing with .gov] to be different than the current stuff.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

The changes were made in 2011, Obama can't make law, he can only control how the law is implemented if it is federal law. I am pretty sure that congress did not approve a change since Republicans took control of the house. You can't jail or fine someone without due process, that means it has to be law. So far I know of no arrests for firearm speech on the internet. A letter was sent to Defense Distributors demanding they take the plans down for the liberator pistol in 2013, no arrests were made. Last month SAF filed a lawsuit against the state department for violating the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments.

NRA is sounding an alarm, when there has been no arrests, for a law that has been in effect for several years, and didn't even bother to acknowledge the SAF lawsuit. As far as the taking comments, that is a PR stunt to make the gun owners believe they are concerned. If they were going to gag the internet, or ban ammo, they wouldn't ask for comments, they would just do it. Do you really believe Obama cares what gun owners have to say?

Funny, they didn't ask for comments to data mine emails, phone calls, and whatever else they spy on. They just did it, but thanks to whitleblowers the courts and the congress has limited their ability to do it. I have no doubt that if Rand Paul had this type of legislation change in front of him, we would have heard about it before the NRA cried wolf.

Keep in mind that Obama will do anything to take the focus off of Hillary by gun owners. Hillary is our real threat to the 2A. Just like Obama if she gets elected she will probably serve two terms. And once a conservative SCOTUS judge retires, or dies the ball game is over, I mean over for good. Instead chancing these false threats we should be concentrating on Hillary losing.

Last edited:

Spooler41

It's my humble opinion that the government does not have the time or backbone to prosecute several 100 thousand
internet posters for not falling in line with this proposed enforcement. The courts and prisons are already more
than overloaded. I do agree that we all should be heard, by the government. It's one of those, what if they thru a party
and no one showed up things.

................................. Jack

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's my humble opinion that the government does not have the time or backbone to prosecute several 100 thousand
internet posters for not falling in line with this proposed enforcement. The courts and prisons are already more
than overloaded. I do agree that we all should be heard, by the government. It's one of those, what if they thru a party
and no one showed up things.

................................. Jack
Government gun control laws and the fear of prosecution have held over a one hundred and fifty million people at bay...... and that in just 4 states: NY, CA, NJ, FL

If they prosecute just a few or certain ones, it will have a chilling effect on others....or the SWHF. Really do not want to see either.

OTOH - the more backbone the people have, the less the government can flex its muscle.

sudden valley gunner

Government gun control laws and the fear of prosecution have held over a one hundred and fifty million people at bay...... and that in just 4 states: NY, CA, NJ, FL

If they prosecute just a few or certain ones, it will have a chilling effect on others....or the SWHF. Really do not want to see either.

OTOH - the more backbone the people have, the less the government can flex its muscle.

+1 Its the fear itself that keeps people "in line". Noone will no who will be next after they prosecute some hand picked cases.