Thread: Breaking! Gunmen attack at Dallas PD HQ. "Automatic weapons."

Breaking! Gunmen attack at Dallas PD HQ. "Automatic weapons."

DEVELOPING – Multiple suspects with automatic weapons opened fire on police officers outside Dallas Police headquarters early Saturday morning, before one man fled the scene in an armored van, leading police on a chase that ended in an ongoing standoff at a nearby parking lot where additional shots were fired.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/13...lice-shooting/

0130 ET

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...G_tj-9ECrYgECM

VIDEO Rapid single fire audible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=VFLN9VC75Hc
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-13-2015 at 07:37 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Police use .50 cal to disable armored car. (No indication of if was a rifle or M2)

Talking heads immediately respond that de-militarizing the cops would have prevented them from disabling the armored car, thus endangering busloads of paralyzed orphans being taken to the zoo by nuns.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    People are already trying to tie this to the recent legislation. Seen "wild wild west" appear in comments multiple times. Idiots.

Glad that no innocents have been hurt thus far.
    Advocate freedom please

Typical media response:
    Make up missing details when facts are unavailable.
    Use buzzwords that will make it sound much worse than it is.
    Edit details when FACTS are available.

The Navy Yard shooter was armed with an AR-15 "Assault Rifle" when the story broke.
    Later, it was determined he had a Mossberg 500 shotgun when he started, and a semi-auto pistol he took from a security officer.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 06-13-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Typical media response:
    Make up missing details when facts are unavailable.
    Use buzzwords that will make it sound much worse than it is.
    Edit details when FACTS are available.

The Navy Yard shooter was armed with an AR-15 "Assault Rifle" when the story broke.
    Later, it was determined he had a Mossberg 500 shotgun when he started, and a semi-auto pistol he took from a security officer.
    Funny you should say all this.

It's already changed from 4 gunmen to 1.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...rmed-standoff/

Really doesn't sound like it's an armored vehicle to me, I'm not sure why they even think that given they haven't inspected the vehicle yet. But either way, it obviously wasn't very armored if he was simply shot through the windshield.

ETA I'm glad that no innocents or bystanders have been injured.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 06-13-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    People are already trying to tie this to the recent legislation. Seen "wild wild west" appear in comments multiple times. Idiots.

Glad that no innocents have been hurt thus far.
    As well they should. This is a prime example of the dangers that can erupt in this world.

Dropping restrictions to the citizenry being well and freely armed (for their own safety and that of society) should be encouraged. Fortunately Texas has taken a couple of small steps in that direction recently.

Founder's Club Member

Encouraged to Duck

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

That weren't no rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    It has been a long time since I heard a ricochet. Was that the bark of a .308 mixed in?

Quote Originally Posted by half_life1052 View Post
    It has been a long time since I heard a ricochet. Was that the bark of a .308 mixed in?
    Turns out that the armored vehicle was apparently an ex-GA sheriff's vehicle sold on ebay.
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I read an article that said it was indeed armored, including the glass. I wonder if they used the .50 to shoot through the windshield.

Anyway, terrible deal no matter what the facts turn out to be.

Apparently Mad Mommy #1 tried to tie this to or blame this on the recently passed open carry legislation, which is odd. I didn't click the link, not interested in keeping up with the latest and greatest of the worst kind of ignorance.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Yeah, I read an article that said it was indeed armored, including the glass. I wonder if they used the .50 to shoot through the windshield.

Anyway, terrible deal no matter what the facts turn out to be.

Apparently Mad Mommy #1 tried to tie this to or blame this on the recently passed open carry legislation, which is odd. I didn't click the link, not interested in keeping up with the latest and greatest of the worst kind of ignorance.
    I hadn't heard about shooting out a window, but did read that they shot the .50 through the engine block and the van caught on fire.

Mad Mommy has an amazing thought process!
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    I hadn't heard about shooting out a window, but did read that they shot the .50 through the engine block and the van caught on fire.

Mad Mommy has an amazing thought process!
    .50 cal to disable the engine and then to shoot the driver.
    The van later caught fire as they attempted to disable two pipe bombs in the vehicle.

I finally heard the gunfire this morning and it certainly sounded like a semi-auto to me. Anyone read any confirmation or refutation as the automatic weapons reporting?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Much of the time it seems the motivation for incidents like these are not revealed.
    It seems in this case the motivation came from losing his child.

"In April, Boulware lost custody of his son. He said that CPS had taken them away and he said the police were responsible for the subsequent loss of custody."

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dal...e-angry-child/
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by nonameisgood View Post
    .50 cal to disable the engine and then to shoot the driver.
    The van later caught fire as they attempted to disable two pipe bombs in the vehicle.
    Didn't catch that myself, but then with mobile apps and USA Today you can get a different version of a story every few minutes. I did read that the bag he left at the PD when picked up by the robot did explode.
    NRA Life Member

Contemporaneously, they reported two bags of pipe bombs. One sitting in the open, in a parking lot and one under a van. Of course, they also reported 4 shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk