• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fly-in @ Williamsburg today 6/13/15

hafnhaf

"WAR BIRDS & SEA PLANES Fly In @ Williamsburg Jamestown Airport (KJGG

All Day - Saturday, June 13, 2015 ( Most aircraft will start arriving approximately 10 A.M.)

Open to the public for viewing.

Airplane And Helicopter Rides may be available.

In addition, all antique aircraft or anyone that wishes to display their aircraft are welcome to participate.

Visit the airport for a fun day.

Have lunch @ Charly's Airport Restaurant

See you there...."

This is the airport IN Williamsburg off route 199, NOT the one in Newport News. OC is OK. Been doing it for years.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'd go after breakfast. Except I need to point out that in order to avoid the I-64 traffic jam I'd have to take the Scotland Neck/Jamestown Ferry. I'm not allowed to do that without my attorney being present.:(

stay safe.

scouser

I'd go after breakfast. Except I need to point out that in order to avoid the I-64 traffic jam I'd have to take the Scotland Neck/Jamestown Ferry. I'm not allowed to do that without my attorney being present.:(

stay safe.

take US60 instead, but when it meets RT30 don't turn right onto 60, go straight and when the road curves right to run alongside RT199, turn left at the next light and then bear right onto 199

Last edited:

Ken56

I wish I could join you there. I love the old war birds and sea planes and its a bunch of fun to hang out and watch them come in and do fly bys. I got to take a ride in a B-24 once and its was a awesome experience. Would love to take a ride in a fighter, any kind. I am a former pilot myself and really appreciate the skill needed to pilot one of those aircraft. Have fun who ever goes.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
take US60 instead, but when it meets RT30 don't turn right onto 60, go straight and when the road curves right to run alongside RT199, turn left at the next light and then bear right onto 199

Stop being helpful.

stay safe.