Thread: PD Chief retrial, self-defense homicide while caught in drive away door. 3 shots

PD Chief retrial, self-defense homicide while caught in drive away door. 3 shots

Circuit Judge Edgar Dickson this month approved a defense request for a change of venue, moving the trial to Columbia in Richland County about 35 miles away. The case will be heard by Circuit Judge Brian Gibbons of Chester with jury selection set to begin Monday.
    [ ... ]
    Witnesses said Bailey then walked out of the building. [Chief] Combs followed and — the defense said — he got caught in the open door of Bailey’s truck as Bailey tried to drive off. Fearing he would fall under the truck, Combs fired three times in self-defense because he had no pepper spray or stun gun, according to the defense.

Prosecutors argued that Combs was trying to serve a trumped-up warrant, the truck was stopped and he could have stepped away from the door.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ing-retrial-k/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thank you for dropping that information here. I'm at a loss to figure out
    - what it has to do with OC, especially seeing as it was a cop in a state that does not currently allow OC
    - what your view(s) are on the fact the former CoP is getting a retrial, or that the retrial involves a change of venue
    - what you would like us to think or do about this, other than say "That's nice."

How many times are you going to commit drive-by posting until you understand that they are annoying?

Why do you hate electrons so much that you are willing to kill so many of them by posting useless drive-by postings?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Because cops are bad, mmmmkay?

There may be only one Universal Electron according to Wheeler and Feynman, undying and eternal, and unfalsifiable (like all of the Standard Model).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

The fact pattern of this incident is disturbingly similar to the Culpepper, Va. shooting.
    South Carolina, where regular OC is illegal, does have a sub-forum here at Open Carry.Org and quite a few posts.

I am intimately acquainted with one-man cop shops in SC, like Chief Eric Bradley of Lincolnville, and - ahh - the cop in Givhans, and Eutawville. They should probably be under close SLED attention. I would like to be ignored by all who will be argumentative.

I used to bring 300 people to Givhans SP every summer, and became acquainted with a proprietor of a nearby general store and, across the highway, a bar, each with heavily barred windows and remote locking door. He was heavily and obviously openly armed as he complained that he "had built his own prison." having to guard his businesses 24/7. We commiserated. I was on good terms with the Sheriff and the SO substation and tried to send extra help his way.

As to "drive-by", spinners gotta spin disparaging epithets, and haters got to hate. As far as I and my correspondents are aware, we carry on a lively correspondence.

A tip o'th' hat to my correspondent that tipped the retort.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-15-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.