Thread: Filing FOIA in person, need help quick.

Filing FOIA in person, need help quick.

Getting ready to go to the local PD to do a FOIA request for a ticket I received last week. I'll be requesting all documents and notes pertaining to this stop.

I have no idea what I am doing or how to do it, it will probably be in person, unless it's preferred via the web. I also remember something about someone getting charged for the documents, but there was a way around it. Thanks for your quick response.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

Pierce County, Washington
    If you are contesting the ticket, it's simply called "discovery", not FOIA. They are required to provide you with all information regarding the incident, including information regarding speed checking devices, the traffic ticket, officer's notes, etc.

I have found that to be VERY useful information.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.