Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I need some help here on where to purchase 2 holsters, as I have looked and looked...

  1. #1
    Regular Member JAGERVEGAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2

    Question I need some advice on where to purchase 2 holsters, as I have looked and looked...

    Hello everyone, first post after a few years on here I need some guidance, as I recently received my conceal carry permit and now need belt holsters for the following:

    I have a AMT Back Up 380 and a Taurus CIA 357/38 special revolver with 2 inch barrel. I've look many places on the interweb to source and can't find much. The Taurus has internal hammer, I believe that's what it's called, no hammer to pull back. Pardon my use of the wrong description if the word hammer is off base.

    Anyways, I would like holster with retention straps, I just like the extra security of those. If any one has a lead to where I might find these it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

    I'm all set with holsters for my Browning Hi-Piwer 9mm, Glock 19, and Beretta Px4 Storm, which the Beretta is a great carry for me, fantastic feeling gun. The Browning was my Dads he carried in the cockpit of his fighter jet in South East Asia, that has a lot of sentimental value to me as that was my first semi-auto I ever shot

    Thank you in advance if you could help.

    Regards
    Last edited by JAGERVEGAS; 06-15-2015 at 11:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
    Hello everyone, first post after a few years on here I need some guidance, as I recently received my conceal carry permit and now need belt holsters for the following:

    I have a AMT Back Up 380 and a Taurus CIA 357/38 special revolver with 2 inch barrel. I've look many places on the interweb to source and can't find much. The Taurus has internal hammer, I believe that's what it's called, no hammer to pull back. Pardon my use of the wrong description if the word hammer is off base.

    Anyways, I would like holster with retention straps, I just like the extra security of those. If any one has a lead to where I might find these it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

    I'm all set with holsters for my Browning Hi-Piwer 9mm, Glock 19, and Beretta Px4 Storm, which the Beretta is a great carry for me, fantastic feeling gun. The Browning was my Dads he carried in the cockpit of his fighter jet in South East Asia, that has a lot of sentimental value to me as that was my first semi-auto I ever shot

    Thank you in advance if you could help.

    Regards
    Welcome (back?) to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona JAGERVEGAS!
    Glad you finally decided to join in on the conversation. Better late than never.

    Revolvers are still a foreign concept for me (I intend to get into them within the next year), but I found a few candidates for your AMT Backup.

    This one seems to have good reviews (generally), a retention strap, and is made of leather* (perfect for holding an all-metal gun, marking you as a man of good taste ):
    http://www.amazon.com/Barsony-Leathe...dp/B00D7OH32O/
    Brown leather* version:
    http://www.amazon.com/Barsony-Leathe...dp/B00D987RDI/

    If you'd rather have polymers (yuck!):
    http://www.amazon.com/Holster-for-AM.../dp/B003TL605G


    *IMPORTANT NOTE: From my experience, people on Amazon (and other non-specialized, mass-market sites) generally don't understand leather holsters. Don't spray the holster with leather softeners!
    A tight fit to unholster is a GOOD thing as it provides extra security by holding your sidearm. Use and wear will loosen up the fit until it becomes perfect (only takes about 6 months, tops).

    One tip which may help: hot wax your holster with the gun in a bag and in place? It will result in a Kydex-like click, molding, and water resistance. Here is a thread about DIY gear in which I described the wax process I used: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...42#post2033942
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 06-16-2015 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Link
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  3. #3
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,875
    as i am sure you are aware, your Taurus is nothing more than a 'J' style frame so instead of looking for this specific firearm, look under that designation...e.g., S&W PD 360 comes to immediate mind when you search by manuf/type instead of the taurus xyz.

    check http://www.desantisholster.com/ for holsters for both your firearms. prices are very competitive and large selection in stock by ordering on line.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-16-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    About 32,100 results
    Showing results for amt backup holster
    That being said, I like my holsters for the AMT Backup (.45ACP for me) boned rather than some sort of generic pancake/taco. My favorites come from Bell Charter Oak http://bellcharteroakholsters.com/pancakes.html

    They will do some customization work - adjusting cant, belt loop sizes (both height and width) and the like. Call them and tell them what you want - be specific so they can work with you.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Regular Member JAGERVEGAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Welcome (back?) to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona JAGERVEGAS!
    Glad you finally decided to join in on the conversation. Better late than never.

    Revolvers are still a foreign concept for me (I intend to get into them within the next year), but I found a few candidates for your AMT Backup.

    This one seems to have good reviews (generally), a retention strap, and is made of leather* (perfect for holding an all-metal gun, marking you as a man of good taste ):
    http://www.amazon.com/Barsony-Leathe...dp/B00D7OH32O/
    Brown leather* version:
    http://www.amazon.com/Barsony-Leathe...dp/B00D987RDI/

    If you'd rather have polymers (yuck!):
    http://www.amazon.com/Holster-for-AM.../dp/B003TL605G


    *IMPORTANT NOTE: From my experience, people on Amazon (and other non-specialized, mass-market sites) generally don't understand leather holsters. Don't spray the holster with leather softeners!
    A tight fit to unholster is a GOOD thing as it provides extra security by holding your sidearm. Use and wear will loosen up the fit until it becomes perfect (only takes about 6 months, tops).

    One tip which may help: hot wax your holster with the gun in a bag and in place? It will result in a Kydex-like click, molding, and water resistance. Here is a thread about DIY gear in which I described the wax process I used: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...42#post2033942
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    as i am sure you are aware, your Taurus is nothing more than a 'J' style frame so instead of looking for this specific firearm, look under that designation...e.g., S&W PD 360 comes to immediate mind when you search by manuf/type instead of the taurus xyz.

    check http://www.desantisholster.com/ for holsters for both your firearms. prices are very competitive and large selection in stock by ordering on line.

    ipse
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    That being said, I like my holsters for the AMT Backup (.45ACP for me) boned rather than some sort of generic pancake/taco. My favorites come from Bell Charter Oak http://bellcharteroakholsters.com/pancakes.html

    They will do some customization work - adjusting cant, belt loop sizes (both height and width) and the like. Call them and tell them what you want - be specific so they can work with you.

    stay safe.
    Thanks everyone !! Just what I was looking for
    Regards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •