Thread: and it appears our citizens still buy the snake oil...

and it appears our citizens still buy the snake oil...

http://www.yourememberthat.com/media...America_Today/

enjoy both the cartoon as well as the irony this was produced 66+ years ago. seems eerily apropos today as it is apparent our citizens haven't learned a thing!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby." H. L Mencken 'Notes On Journalism' in the Chicago Tribune (19 September 1926)
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

enjoy both the cartoon as well as the irony this was produced 66+ years ago. seems eerily apropos today as it is apparent our citizens haven't learned a thing!!

ipse
    So true... Thanks for sharing. Very interesting
    Advocate freedom please

The only thing I'm waiting for is to throw those bottles back...I'll probably be waiting the rest of my life for that.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

ipse
    Unfortunately, I think our Progressive citizens have learned quite a bit and are using what they have learned to go far beyond the concerns in the cartoon and about half our citizens are too stupid, too lazy or too much entitled special snowflakes to fight this dismantling and destruction of our great experiment.

Great post though. Thanks for posting it.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Unfortunately, I think our Progressive citizens have learned quite a bit and are using what they have learned to go far beyond the concerns in the cartoon and about half our citizens are too stupid, too lazy or too much entitled special snowflakes to fight this dismantling and destruction of our great experiment.

Great post though. Thanks for posting it.
    Membership in the FSA will cost you. Yet, amazingly, the ranks continue to swell because they value what they get higher than what they have to pay to get it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Membership in the FSA will cost you. Yet, amazingly, the ranks continue to swell because they value what they get higher than what they have to pay to get it.

stay safe.
    ok, ok ok, i give up but i want everyone to know i subscribe to the use of the rejoinder ~ 'but satisfaction will bring it back!'

share skid...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I am only selling locally harvested, organically grow, and cold pressed snake oil.
    [emoji6] [emoji48]
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Snake oil by any other name stinks as sweetly. (With no apologies to The Bard).
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.